Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Aventador

Metalmad

Here are some more updated pictures. Finally was able to find a bottle of Pledge Floor Wax this morning so i could use to attach the photo etched screens to the clear parts & then install to the vent openings & was also able to wet sand the first couple clear coats & shoot a few more coats of clear on the body & body panels.

Edited by Metalmad

More progress this weekend ! Applied more of the decals to the body the third brake light & the Lambo hood emblem & the emblems on the wheels plus the decals for the brake calipers. Chose some of the decals over the PE parts because I think they look better on the car. Was also able to rub out the clear today but the roof needs a little bit more work though & was also able to mask the windshield and the four small side widows and paint the black for the trim.

Edited by Metalmad

Well I polished out the body & panels again and it does look much better now.I will start on the rear tail light assemblies next and touch up the black trim that is painted on the widows & start on the final assembly of the doors also. Thank you all for looking at the progress of this build & the inspiring comments to keep me on track and to be patient while building this Lambo.

Thank you John !

I really appreciate the support !

I will be bringing this build to the NNL West next year & hopefully a few more builds that I have planned to build and hope to complete.

Edited by Metalmad

Got some more detailing done on the interior & attached two more PE parts to the clear pieces that are on each side of the car that sit behind the doors and the PE script above the glove box on dash.

Edited by Metalmad

Made a little more progress this afternoon, got the door sills & side vent assembly's installed & the engine compartment cover & the side glass on both sides. Been having a little trouble installing the three glass pieces that sit over the engine compartment & attach to the under side of the hatch, they are at an angle & sit in recessed slits one on top of the other so going to hobby store tomorrow to see If they have any CA glue that will not fog the clear plastic pieces.

Great build so far. Your doing a great job. For the rear windows try using Micro Krystal Kleer. It's made for clear parts. If you want to use super glue, dip the parts in Future. This helps to prevent fogging. Fumes from the CA are your enemy, keep airflow moving over the parts until the CA sets using a small fan. Looking forward to seeing this completed.

Made some progress this evening. Finally have the three piece glass installed & installed to the rear hatch & also have the door glass in & the door panels installed to the inside of the doors. Still have to install front & rear side marker lights & seat belts & belt latches & windshield etc....etc mostly small details.

Little more progress this evening. I have finally polished out the side mirrors & have the PE mirror parts installed also & the PE parts look nice installed & also picked out a license plate to install. I'm hoping to maybe wrap up this build this weekend & I have already pulled out another kit for maybe my next build.

Thank you John I really appreciate the support ! Hope to get this finished this weekend & start on the next build which I have not decided on yet but will probably be a Muscle Car of sort plus I hope to get a few built for NNL West next year.

Edited by Metalmad

• 3 weeks later...
]

Aventador is finished but having an issue posting pictures now. Don't have photo bucket I have picture files (Mac Book Pro) & I get a warning after I choose file to download that attached file is to big but never had this issue before.

Edited by Metalmad