Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sentry Olds funny car

GoatGuy

• DSCF0400_zps06d2e191.jpg
  • I was able to take out the interior tin without damaging anything, filed off the pin marks, and started painting the inside of the body flat black. Next will be primer on the tinwork. Also drilled holes for the vents.
Edited by GoatGuy

great workmanship dave!

as far as drilling a hole throught the decal....i wolud take a piece of tubing the same diameter as the hole you are drilling 9or at least as close as you can get). i would press it hard against the decal where you want to drill the hole. this will cut the decal and the paint eliminating decal tearing, paint cracking / chipping etc. . drill through the center of the mark you just made and you should be o.k.

does this make sense? i've used the same technique for drilling through painted fiberglass car parts. hope it helps.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement.

Truck parts - no I didn't paint the body. Years ago when I bought it and opened it, I thought Wow it's already the correct color, I don't need to paint it. I would do it different now. I wish I'd had decal set back then. Some of them really need it, that's why I don't show any closeups of the body exterior.

Dave - it does make sense. I will try it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...