#1 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

Does anyone know if Shabo is still in business making tire dry transfers, or another company offers the same products?  I'd like to get some 1/24-25 BFG T/A Radial lettering, if it is available.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#2 Bluemiles22

Bluemiles22

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Full Name:Rich Vichlenski

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

Shabo is gone. I've gone crazy trying to find some myself but no luck. Once in a while you can find them on eBay but other than that I hardly ever see them.

#3 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

I've bought some waterslide BFG decals from Scale Equipment Ltd. They do a few other brands of RWL's as well.

http://www.seltd.net

A while back there was some "super-secret" seller doing whole sheets of waterslide RWL decals of various brands, but you had to know somebody to buy them, I guess they were trying to fly under the copyright/licensing radar.  I was never able to buy any, I e-mailed and PM'ed, but I didn't know the right people. That, or my PayPal money wasn't green enough...   <_<

#4 Bluemiles22

Bluemiles22

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Full Name:Rich Vichlenski

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

I've used the decals from scale equipment, they look good but are very fragile and some spots kind of flaked off. I've had mixed results using waterside on side walls, some came out great and some had alot of silvering

#5 The70judgeman

The70judgeman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Shoberg

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Try www.modelempireusa.com They still have some on the rack and on their online catalog(page 56)...well, whatever they have left. Can't guarantee they'd have exactly what you're looking for though.

Edited by The70judgeman, 28 March 2013 - 05:04 AM.

#6 roadhawg

roadhawg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:Tommy Logan

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Waterslide decals are all I use anymore. The best procedure I have found is first, scuff the sidewall with sandpaper enough to take off the gloss. Then brush on a coat of Future. When that is dry, apply the decals. After the decals and whatever solvent you use is dry, spray the sidewall with Dullcote.

For what it's worth, the Shabo BFG lettering was wrong anyway. The letters are too big and it said "T/A Radial" instead of "Radial T/A".