#1 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

So today, while looking for some pix to answer several on-line questions, I came across the apparent fact that some of my tutorials and build albums on P'bucket are gone...at least not accessible from the site...though some DO still show up on other boards, etc. Anyone had any problem with this particular 'new improved' feature??

#2 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

I don't like the new PB all that much, but at least all my photos are still there.

#3 Len Geisler

Len Geisler

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:,

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

So today, while looking for some pix to answer several on-line questions, I came across the apparent fact that some of my tutorials and build albums on P'bucket are gone...at least not accessible from the site...though some DO still show up on other boards, etc. Anyone had any problem with this particular 'new improved' feature??

I have not had an issues with lost pics either....As for the new format, I'm liking it....

#4 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I haven't noticed that problem on mine. I did notice that they went back to the old style of pages once again. :rolleyes:  I liked being able to just scroll down a single page to find photos.

#5 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

I haven't noticed that problem on mine. I did notice that they went back to the old style of pages once again. :rolleyes:  I liked being able to just scroll down a single page to find photos.

Yeah, I never was a fan of having to click the "View all" option, and now you can't even do that. Maybe once everything is fully updated that option will return, as well as the ability to re-name images.

Sorry, Bill, no missing images in my albums.

#6 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,432 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Same here on a few things, I am still not liking the new layout, but I am getting use to it,  my two biggest complaints on the new layout is that its not as easy to get to the image links, and if you forgot to select an album before uploading, and you upload more then a few photos, how much a pain it is to have to go into to each photo and move them one at a time.

I tell you this, I am remembering to make sure I upload photos to the right album

And as of last night, all my albums are still there, sorry, I know its no help to you

#7 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

...and if you forgot to select an album before uploading, and you upload more then a few photos, how much a pain it is to have to go into to each photo and move them one at a time.

I tell you this, I am remembering to make sure I upload photos to the right album

Yes! Exactly! When you create a new album, and you're supposedly "in" that new album (still empty at that point)... you would think that when you click "upload," the upload would by default go to the album you are currently in! But no! You have to select the album before you upload. I learned that the hard way... :rolleyes:

Seems pretty non-intuitive to have to do that, but whatever.

And I also agree that the new way of getting the image code info is clunkier now than it was before they "fixed" things... :rolleyes:

#8 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

I haven't found an easy way to navigate through my 800 and some unorganized photos with the new Photobucket so, I started new folders for all my old builds.  I found out the hard way, when you move your photos you lose them off the forum.  You would have to re-post them all. I still haven't figured out how to get new photos into a new album either.  Why do they always have to change things when I just figure out the old way?  :blink:

#9 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

If they are showing up elsewhere...PB still has them. Are you still in the "beta" version ? I have seen it come and go...they are still tweaking.

if you have a PB link, and cannot find the photo in your PB album, copy that link and send it to PB techies....It will re appear!

#10 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

I still haven't figured out how to get new photos into a new album either. 

Click on "Create New Album" at the upper left. Name the album, then click "Upload" at the top. But remember to specify which album you want to upload to before you upload.

#11 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

I haven't found an easy way to navigate through my 800 and some unorganized photos with the new Photobucket so, I started new folders for all my old builds.  I found out the hard way, when you move your photos you lose them off the forum.  You would have to re-post them all. I still haven't figured out how to get new photos into a new album either.  Why do they always have to change things when I just figure out the old way?  :blink:

Sounds like YOU are the issue, Set folders, fill with images....use the bulk uploader....nothing has really changed in the end....just "adjusted"

And PB tells you that your links were good, but you are changing them.

#12 hooterville75

hooterville75

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Full Name:Deron Shank

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Kind of like youtube.com if its not broke dont fix it lol.

#13 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Click on "Create New Album" at the upper left. Name the album, then click "Upload" at the top. But remember to specify which album you want to upload to before you upload.

Thanks Harry, This sounds like what I have been trying to do but, my new photos can only be accessed by clicking "Home" and then they don't show up in the new album.  I guess maybe I would have to move them from "Home" to the album selected from this point?   I'm confused and afraid I will lose my new posted photos again. 

#14 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

You have to specify which album you want to upload to before you upload, or else they all go by default to "library" or whatever they call it.

#15 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Sounds like YOU are the issue, Set folders, fill with images....use the bulk uploader....nothing has really changed in the end....just "adjusted"

And PB tells you that your links were good, but you are changing them.

Thanks Greg,  You are right, I am the problem, just don't know what I am doing.  I have never used the bulk up-loader and I've never used albums, only once. 

#16 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

You have to specify which album you want to upload to before you upload, or else they all go by default to "library" or whatever they call it.

Thanks again Harry, I guess I will just have to go to Photobucket and try a few times. I think I have been in too much of a hurry on their site, just wanting to get back to the forum with minimal time spent.  I'll work on it, thanks again.

#17 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thanks again Harry, I guess I will just have to go to Photobucket and try a few times. I think I have been in too much of a hurry on their site, just wanting to get back to the forum with minimal time spent.  I'll work on it, thanks again.

You'll figure it out. All it takes is a little time playing around, seeing what does what.

#18 Nacho Z

Nacho Z

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Full Name:John Brolin

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I'm a little late to the party but I hope this helps.  I am having some of the same issues and I went to the "help" section, (located on the top, right).  Although they didn't have exact instructions on how to fix the problems I was able to see that I was not the only one having the problems and that they were aware of it, etc.  It might be worth looking over the various topics and you might find that they know about your exact problem.  One of the issues was loading pics into a particular album.

#19 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

The new photobucket,,, i cann't say what i think about it,,the names are forbidden to say.  its bad

#20 hooterville75

hooterville75

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Full Name:Deron Shank

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

The new photobucket,,, i cann't say what i think about it,,the names are forbidden to say.  its bad

Im about in the same boat ha ha.  What gets me is when I goto the Library or Album to click on individual pics, when I open them the box is always gray and doesnt load the photo.  It brings up the thumbnails at the bottom of the page, if I click on them it opens perfectly lol.  Im sure its all a thing of I have to take the time and have a little patience to figure how it all works since the change ha ha.  My opinion on photo bucket and you tube at the present since the changes is about the same as my opinion on the new Windows 8 lol.  As someone mentioned above I cant really use the words or phrases I need too to give my thoughts as they are unacceptable for a public forum lol.