#21 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Goss

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Get ready to be excited, because I already am. Sorry for a teaser with no pics, but here's why.

I masked off the window trim and side moldings, with BMF then masked off the rest of the body with blue tape. I shot it today with Testors Pure Gold lacquer. If you want a reference, it's the same color I shot the bumpers, head and tail light fairings. After pulling off the tape only a few areas around the rear window need touch up, but the rest came out beautiful.

The reason I'm not doing any pics yet is, the body needs to be cleaned of tape residue and it looks icky. lol

Hopefully, it will come off with warm water and soap, although I am prepared to be more aggressive.

Going to let it dry overnite, then clean it up in the a. m. Now that this step is done my worst fears are over and I can complete this beast. Stay tuned.

Edited by Nitrozilla, 11 June 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#22 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

So much for getting excited. Even though I used a lacquer clear coat, what appeared to be tape residue is actually the pattern of the adhesive imprinted into the clear coat. I allowed it to cure for a week before applying the masking.

I'll be taking a bit of time to polish it out. Stay tuned.

#23 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Woot, Yay, Hooray, Whoopie !!!!! Got the window trim and side moulding painted. Also polished and waxed the body to the best of my ability. Obviously still needs improvement, but I've got to finish this and move on to my next project.

Next will come installation of the bumpers, headlights, grill, tail lights and parachute.

Enjoy

024.jpg025.jpg028.jpg027.jpg

#24 Ira

Ira

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts
  • Full Name:Ira Dahm

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

LOOKS GREAT JOE!!!

Real Nice Paint Too... B)

#25 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

I managed to get more work done than you'll see in this update while the site was down. I'll do another update soon. It's very near completion now with just hoses, master cylinder and grill to do along with final touch up.

As you'll see, I lost a tail light lens to the carpet monster. Never spent so much time looking for a part before looking into other options. Finally came up with the finger nail solution. Found some press on nails that bent without splitting and, of course, were very easy to file to shape.

Then added some front and rear goodies. Thanx for looking and a belated "Thanx Ira!!"

029.jpg030.jpg031.jpg032.jpg

#26 Cien1986

Cien1986

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Full Name:Henry Wijaya

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

wow wild car

i really like the way you painted the rear braking light cover "clearparts"

Really outstanding job look real....

keep it going...

#27 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thanx Henry. I'd like to take the credit for the beautiful color, but they came that way. :)