Have you ever had these types of moments...

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

#21 Shardik

Shardik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Full Name:Johann H. Buerfeind V

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

I never build anything newer than 1957.  Having said that, I just ordered a '68 Charger. Which leads to something else I've never built: Movie cars.   Think Blade.

#22 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts
  • Full Name:Marcos Cruz

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Once at a club meeting, I had a newcomer visiting us looking for someone to build an F1 racecar for him. One of the guys told him that once in a while I would do comission work so he asked me if I could build it for him. I had never built an F1 racer but I do consider myself to be pretty versatile when it comes to modeling so I accepted the challenge. It was a Revell McLaren Mercedes MP4-25, the Jenson Button car. I thought it was a little challenging but I must say that I did have fun putting it together, surely something different, guess that's what I enjoyed the most.

The car was supposed to be painted chrome but I just went with a silver color from Tamiya and a clearcoat, the guy didn't want to pay the extra price for the  paintingjob. :rolleyes:

1966ImpalaProject7002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1966ImpalaProject7003-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1966ImpalaProject7004-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1966ImpalaProject7008-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1966ImpalaProject7012-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

#23 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

3/4 of  my builds are vintage drag cars and some Mopar factory stock. I do get a inkeling once in a while to do something different  , just never do it. I do have a desire to do some IMSA cars sometime though

BUT I have been buying up early 30s 'big'  cars as a future 'to do'  list.  such as 1930-34 Packards Duesenbergs, Lincolns , Chrysler Imperials , Cadillacs etc etc  One of my more recent buys was a Hellar Hispana-Suiza kit ( I think I spelled that right)

#24 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts
  • Full Name:Marcos Cruz

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

My "comfort zone" includes cars, trucks, bikes, ships, planes, stagecoaches, trains, covered wagons... or anything else that looks like it would be interesting and fun to build. I can't imagine artificially restricting myself to only one certain type of model, or only one certain scale. That's like going to all the best restaurants and always ordering a burger and fries, no matter how many other things are on the menu.

That's me too Harry!!!

#25 philo426

philo426

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I am working on this wooden boat kit now,and it is a whole lot different from building a car model!     001-70_zps221553f0.jpg

#26 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

I just stepped out of my mopar and pre 75 relm and built a lamborghini I had sitting on my shelf 21 years

#27 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I tend to build whatever strikes my fancy at the time.  I've got Star Trek stuff, GK anime figures, cars, etc.  I used to do model airplanes, but there's not enough room for those, especially in 1/48 scale.  I miss my 1/48 C-130.

#28 Marcus M. Jones

Marcus M. Jones

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:Marcus M. Jones

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

for a brief moment i wanted to build an airplane for the Revell Gearz contest then i relized if i won it with a plane i would probably get all planes for thier one year of models prize they give out so the urge left me. 

oh yeah occaisonally i want to build a model out of the box like i did when i was a kid... i tried to do just that twice this year and it was a big mistake both times so i went back to what i know best with slicing and dicing a model to bits and pieces before building it.

#29 BKcustoms

BKcustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Kaune

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

I normally build pro touring cars and modern customs but lately I've been really wanting to build the Moebius International Lonestar.

#30 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I also built the Jenson car a while back.  I had only built one F1 car prior, but it was definately a fun challenge.

DSCN0468.jpg