27 replies to this topic

#21 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Even though I figured this was a (cruel) April Fools joke, I did find one thing when I was looking at Revell's website interesting that made me go HUMMMMM. They had a pic of AMT's old 77/78 Trans AM kit (I could tell by the junky Snowflake wheels and the thick T top bar) with the "Smokey and the Bandit" (also AMT's) logo and stating it was 1/25 scale. Now anyone with any sense knows, even though I have seen the recent reissue includes Georgia "BAN ONE" and state flag plates, the Revell Trans Am is 1/24 scale and has the incorrect for the movie car thin T top. Is this going to be a new kit or what??

That's not AMT's kit built up you see, it's Revell's die-cast kit, and is the basis for the "new" 1/25 scale plastic kit from Revell.

#22 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

I just want to say that THIS WAS A JOKE. I am not going to apologize again for trying to have some fun. If you were hurt by this then that is your problem.

As for the "CRUEL" comments, you should re-evaluate your wording. If I had made a joke about a child with cancer, cerebral palsy, or any other childhood malady, then THAT would be cruel and horrible. You are whining over a hunk of plastic and cardboard. You need to stop being so hateful and self centered...

Edited by Custom Hearse, 01 April 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#23 Thom

Thom

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Full Name:Thom

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

Sad! But on the other hand my 2 boxed kits and one glue bomb swap meet find are all I will need.

#24 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

I just want to say that THIS WAS A JOKE. I am not going to apologize again for trying to have some fun. If you were hurt by this then that is your problem.

As for the "CRUEL" comments, you should re-evaluate your wording. If I had made a joke about a child with cancer, cerebral palsy, or any other childhood malady, then THAT would be cruel and horrible. You are whining over a hunk of plastic and cardboard. You need to stop being so hateful and self centered...

Jeez lighten up Francis!

Why are you dragging disabled kids into your bomb of a "joke"?  I dunno which side of the bed you crawled out of this morning, but you might try re-entering and coming out the other side and see if your disposition isn't more improved before lashing out at everyone because we weren't LOLing over that "gag" of yours...cause there's only one whiny person in this thread.

#25 Deano

Deano

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

Wow!  Post your April Fool's joke before going to bed and the world comes to an end!  Were we all starving for drama? :unsure:

Maybe someone should start a new "Awesome Model" thread. :unsure:

Edited by Deano, 02 April 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#26 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Just a thought, having seen a few of these now - 

aside from making sure your prank lands on the date, how about making the rumor something horrific, so that everybody is relieved instead of disappointed when they realize it's a joke?

"Revell has just announced that due to unrelenting customer scrutiny and complaint, they will be ceasing development of all new automotive tooling and partnering with General Mills for a new line of cereal box toys."

"NOT!"

See what I did there?  You could even work some satire into it if you wanted.

#27 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Wow, was this really that big of a deal?  I honestly thought it was pretty funny.

#28 Deano

Deano

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

Wow, was this really that big of a deal?  I honestly thought it was pretty funny.

That would be because you HAVE a sense of humor.  They tend to be in short supply nowadays. :(