#1 mr.grumpy

mr.grumpy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Full Name:Mr T. Mooij

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Just trying to get a feel for 1/24 scale and yes, this is the shambolic revell london taxi kit a.k.a. Austin FX4 (it's basically a re-release of a '60s toy, there is still the box for the battery and on/off switch molded under the rear seat. Shocking I know, but then it is a cheap kit.) That's the interior done, all of it.... Attached File  image.jpg   117.22KB   31 downloads Attached File  image.jpg   122.41KB   30 downloads

#2 mr.grumpy

mr.grumpy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Some paint on the single moulding for the block, plumbings and batteries (two 6 volts batteries to make 12), apologies for the red and green in there but the rest of this car is going to be black. Body has a single coat of primer brushed on and been sanded, you can see where i had to file down some ejector marks on the front wings. I'm considering removing the bonnet hinges, they look out of scale to me. Comments welcome :)

Attached Files

#3 scalemodelworld

scalemodelworld

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Full Name:Troy

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Looking good so far Grumpy

#4 mr.grumpy

mr.grumpy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Ok, matt black brushed on, sanding that when its dry. Then another coat of matt black and a couple coats of shiny clear stuff. Decided im liking 1:24.

Attached Files