#21 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

i wish i knew how to do photoshop like that ,,,,, and that does look mega cool ,,, i have had a few Corvettes 1.1's and they have all been white w/red interior ,, Thanks Mike !!!

#22 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

To photoshop that cove it is very easy in photoshop.....Select the cove using the pen tool, drop the selection as a mask over the car,  then make a color fill layer, adj opacity as you feel. By saving the selection as a mask, you can put any color into the cove 

#23 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hey Greg ,,, that went over my head at 35,000 feet ,, i am so so bad with computers , heck i was tickled pink when i was able to figure out how to join this forum !! :lol:

#24 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

62 corvette Lee ,, i want to do it white with red coves , but i have searched and i cant find a single 62 corvette that way , i see red with white coves but not white and red and i want to do as much deatil as i can on it , ahh i just did some reading , in 62 colored coves was not offered as an option !!

That's why most dealers had paint shops or contracts with local body shops. Although a factory-finished car would have been a solid color, you can be pretty sure that at least one or two ended up getting contrasting coves once delivered.

Charlie Larkin

#25 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hey Greg ,,, that went over my head at 35,000 feet ,, i am so so bad with computers , heck i was tickled pink when i was able to figure out how to join this forum !! :lol:

Greg was probly figuring you were a whiz with computers, now that we know your level of computer savvy, we can adjust our suggestions accordingly.  :)

it should be noted that I'm sure Greg's procedure to do this in photoshop will most likely achieve the desired results, I used a different program which costs a lot less and has similar capabilities as photoshop.

#26 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

" Waitn' fer stuff" ? Do like the rest of us, break that box open and glue those engine half's together. :P

#27 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,171 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

" Waitn' fer stuff" ? Do like the rest of us, break that box open and glue those engine half's together. :P

X2, then it's on to the wheels......

#28 Sam I Am

Sam I Am

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Grabenhorst

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

X2, then it's on to the wheels......

,then break open the next kit and start gluing it up while your waiting for glue to dry on the first. 

Remember, benches are like shops. Its never big enough.  :D 

#29 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,027 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

,then break open the next kit and start gluing it up while your waiting for glue to dry on the first. 

Remember, benches are like shops. Its never big enough.  :D 

X3,then break open a fourth one and think about what you want to do it, colors for the body

#30 XJ6

XJ6

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Full Name:Don Veihle

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yep...like they all said...Then go buy more kits.... :P

But really just have Fun...

Cheers...