#1 silverdreamss

silverdreamss

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Full Name:robert renta jr

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

its was a gift and i hadnt built anything in many years i used to paint little war hammer men and in high school for fun and never even learned how to play the game lol i am a car guy got this as a xmass gag gift and figured why not  and went after it  i didnt get to crazy and went box stock other than the decals are from a nascar

i faded the paint from top to bottom with rattle cans only  using some metal style purple  for the top into black on the bottom  and like i said only thing not box stock was the decals  thought about adding wiring ect but it was the first one and  when i finished i put it up  and was hooked and went for a new kit right away  that is a 70 chevelle  in the workbench section that i took all i dint like from this one and applyed to the next one  i wired the chevelle and thought about going back into this one and cleaning it up some more paint wise and wiring it but it was the first and i want to show my progression so im leaving it the way i made it at the time  as i will do with all my cars to show progression  DSCF0700.jpgDSCF0701.jpgDSCF0702.jpgDSCF0703.jpgDSCF0704.jpgDSCF0706.jpgDSCF0710.jpgDSCF0711.jpgDSCF0712.jpgDSCF0714.jpg

#2 Bigfordguy

Bigfordguy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Soper

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Very nice, i like the fade paint job

#3 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,028 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Nice build...

#4 Quick GMC

Quick GMC

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Full Name:Cameron DeMille

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

If this is your first model, it's fantastic. Nice job. 

#5 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,629 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

That's very nice, especially for your first one! The Faded Paint Job turned out fantastic, I have never tried it, but it can't be easy to do. I like the look of it without the Scoop on the hood, looks "Not So Professional" Drag Car.

Minor thing - it is not Pro Street. Pro Street is a car that can be driven on the street, but this one has Racing tires, Engine and full Tube chassis. So it's more like Pro Sportsman, as the box says. ;)

i want to show my progression so im leaving it the way i made it at the time

worshippy.gifthumbup.gif B)

#6 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

Nice build !!!! very nice , what kit is that ???

#7 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeRagon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

Very nice! I can see your skill from painting figures has paid off!

#8 silverdreamss

silverdreamss

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

thank you  it was fun its not perfect by any means but it was truely my first car modle and my first paint job in many years like i said i painted the warhammer little army men for fun about 8 years ago and took many art classes in high school and what not but havent done anything then picked this up ....i did repaint the body like 3 or 4 times to get the fade the way i liked it it started out all purple and i didnt  like it  then went black and it was all too dark with no contrast so i pained it all purple and while the paint was wet i fadde the bottom following the body lines it was done with a simple rattle can thats it i dont have an air brush but im in the market for one its just i dont know what to buy and ive never used one so i dont want to spend 100 bucks and break it right away  i wish i could try one out before i bought it and see if its something i could handle

#9 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

If you can do that with rattle cans, you'll do just fine with a single action airbrush like a Badger 350 for starts. Affordable, durable and forgiving, pretty simple to use, clean and maintain. Well done on the 55.

#10 pandamonium2112

pandamonium2112

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Toone

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

You got the hang of it...Now build another one......and another........and another..

It's a nice build. The paint came out great...See Rattle cans are our friends.

#11 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,988 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Good job for a first build.

#12 silverdreamss

silverdreamss

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD AIRBRUSH FOR A FIRST TIMER ?

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SINGLE AND DOUBLE ACTION?

AND WHAT SHOULD I PAY FOR ONE ?

DO THEY USE ACRILIC PAINT NOT TESTORS OR MODEL MASTERS PAINT THAT IVE BEEN USING?

WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD REASONABLE SET UP TO BUY FOR A FIRST TIMER THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO GROW WITH IT AS I AM REALLY STARTING TO GET FRUSTRATED WITH THE RATTLE CAN I CANT GET THE DETAIL I WANT AND TAPING IS REALLY GETTING HARD ON THE SMALL STUFF WITH RATTLE CAN ANY AIRBRUSH HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANX GUYS ON THE COMMENTS  THIS WAS A FUN BUILD AND I AM DOING IT AGAIN AND AGAIN  THE MORE I BUILD THE BETTER THEY COME OUT ON A ":CARS IVE HAD IN THE PAST" KICK RIGHT NOW THANKS AGAIN

#13 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

I bought the Paasche H series , like 60 dollars and it's top quality imo