28 replies to this topic

#21 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Actualy, what I've got in mind would probaly have to be scratchbuilt. I was thinking of a mid 50's tractor and transport to put tri five Chevys on, like a load going into a dealership. I bet youv'e guessed I've never built a big truck before and know nothing about them.

#22 ZIL 111V

ZIL 111V

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Full Name:P.GILL

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Great news! :)

The kit was made by Revell US, back in 1983 to complete the Pete 359 & KW K100 Aero kits of 1982, no trailer brand ever mention.

Tought that the mold was with Revell AG, in germany, since the late 80's.

Last time i saw this kit available was in IMEX boxes back in the 90's

#23 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Craig according to the representative from revell, new releases are in May & October every year. If it is reissued this year it will more than likely be in Oct.

To clarify your statement, what the representative from Revell meant is that they release information about new and reissued kits in May and October.

It would be more likely that it will be announced at this Fall's iHobby show in October and slated for release in 2014. If the molds are in good shape without any major work needed, Revell could schedule this to be re-issued as soon as other projects are completed. Revell is known for their delays and like any other manufacturing company, if they have something else that is projected to be a better seller, that will be their first priority.

#24 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Actualy, what I've got in mind would probaly have to be scratchbuilt. I was thinking of a mid 50's tractor and transport to put tri five Chevys on, like a load going into a dealership. I bet youv'e guessed I've never built a big truck before and know nothing about them.

In that case the car carrier trailer AMT produced over the years would be a good start. It fits the time period you have in mind.

#25 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Here is a pic. Model Round Up and E bay usually have them for about the same price as the Revell kit.

Attached Files

#26 Swifster

Swifster

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Allen

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

Just looking at the two, I'd say that the Revell trailer looks more mid 1970's and the AMT trailer was early 60's. I have a few pictures that are mid-50's and they usually hauled no more than 4 at a time. I'd love to have that AMT trailer reissued (Round 2?).  

#27 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,134 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Just looking at the two, I'd say that the Revell trailer looks more mid 1970's and the AMT trailer was early 60's. I have a few pictures that are mid-50's and they usually hauled no more than 4 at a time. I'd love to have that AMT trailer reissued (Round 2?).  

Correct on your information, Tom. 

#28 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

The Revell kit could certainly pass for current equipment if you were aiming to build a representation of an independent car hauler who does auction work. The thing about a fancy-pants over the sleeper Cottrell system is it's REALLY expensive, somewhere in the 6 figures range if you supply the truck. The upside is more cars, the downside is you're limiting yourself to a "coffin" bunk truck. Can't stand-up and only 4 foot deep. Running a 5-6 car 5th wheel style like the kit and you can put it behind any tractor, and it's half the price.

PMTG who used to run all-enclosed car haulers recently switched to 8 car over the sleeper Cottrells on Western Stars which other than Peterbilt appear to be the only trucks you can order with small flat-top sleepers on Lo-Pro tires and rims now that Sterlings aren't made anymore.

#29 tbill

tbill

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  • Full Name:tom billings

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

any new news on these? I just got one from that auction site [most seem to go for right around $100 +/-], would love to get a few more if they were 'new' and slightly cheaper, lol.