38 replies to this topic

#21 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

I finally got to post pics on Photobucket.  Although there is still something wrong over there, but at least I have some pics to post. 

Here are a couple of pics of the top.  I got it painted and polished and ready to be put together.

This one is when I painted it black.

IMG_0379_zps4080ef14.jpg

Here it is after painting it blue and then a wash of black over the blue and polished out.

IMG_0384_zpsd65147d2.jpg

I hope to get this one finished real soon.  I need to paint the interior and then finish putting it back together.  Thanks fer lookin.  :)   Dan

#22 Dirkpitt289

Dirkpitt289

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Full Name:Dirk Pitt

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

I love the look of the blue to white fade. It truly makes it look shark like

#23 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

If that's the way you test and it works, who's to tell you to do it different? The fade looks excellent! So you won't hear me tell you to do it differently. B)

#24 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

Thanks guys.  I'm going to try and get some more done on this today.  I'm liking how this one is going so far.  I'm happy with the way the paint turned out on the body and the BMF looks good also.  This is the 2nd time that I've done the BMF this way and I like the results so far.  I didn't do the 65 'Vette like this though cause I got in kinda hurry to paint that Black.  :)   Dan

#25 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm still having some problems with Photobucket, but I was able to get some pics uploaded today for this build.

I had to spray Alclad on the bumpers for this.  The picture really doesn't do them justice though.

IMG_0392_zpsbb9edb40.jpg

Here is the louvers that have been sprayed with Alclad also.

IMG_0393_zps9784d9e7.jpg

Here's a shot of the interior.

IMG_0395_zps23b55603.jpg

Here it looks like a wreck.  I glued some of the parts together tonight and I'm letting them dry overnight before I start putting it back together.

IMG_0401_zps406a68c7.jpg

Thanks fer lookin.  :)   Dan

#26 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Looking really good.  Gonna have this one at the meeting?  :)

#27 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

Looking good Dan! You've done an excellent job my friend!!! B)

#28 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Thanks guys, and Yes Brian, I'm going to bring it to the meeting.  I have it done but I can't take pics right now.  The battery is dead and I'm charging it now.  So, as soon as I can, I'll post some pics.  There is a problem with the car though.  The hood won't set down where it's supposed to go and I don't know what's causing this.  It might be a factory blunder, I don't know.  I was wondering if anyone here has built this kit and had the same problem.  I can use all the help I can get on this.  I'll get some pics up later tonight after the battery gets charged up.  I like how it looks.  This kit is a little fidigity to go together.  I had to hold the windshield in place while the glue set up.  there is no support until it is glues solid.  The top opens up, so that's no help.  Anyway, I do like the car.  Later.  :)   Dan

#29 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Ok, here are some pics I finally got tonight.

Here it is with the top open and the hood tilted.

IMG_0406_zpsfcfbedae.jpg

A view from the back.

IMG_0411_zps92cec7b1.jpg

This is how it sets normally.

IMG_0404_zpsc2d0f95c.jpg

I'm trying to figure out why it sets like this.  So far I have no clue so any help or ideas that anyone might have to help is greatly appreciated.

Here it is with the flying finger of fate holding the hood down in the right position.  :lol: :lol:

IMG_0407_zpsc8c63c03.jpg

#30 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

I wasn't happy with the way the tail lights looked with the resin bezels so I made some using aluminum tubing.  I think that they look much better now.  Here are some pics fer ya to gander at.

IMG_0436_zpsc35148a7.jpg

I have to live with the front end tilted until I can figure out how to fix it.

IMG_0437_zps6ce9666d.jpg

A shot of the interior with the top up.

IMG_0443_zps1c4e1a62.jpg

#31 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

The aluminum is a vast improvement! From the looks of it the body itself is sitting tail down. If you can adjust the body a bit to where it is up in the back, it may help the hood to sit level... Just a thought.

#32 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thanks Marshall, I never thought of that.  I'll give that a try.  Although the front end has metal springs in it and that is another problem that holds the front up in the air like it has no engine it it.  :)   Dan

#33 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

Dan, on the issue with the nose, what about using rare earth magnets to hold the nose in place when it's closed?  That's what I used to hold the doors shut on my 58 T-Bird and it works well.

#34 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Well Dan... Since I've been watching you rebuild this car, I've decided to try and finish the Corvette Limo. The seam on the left side of the body where the 2 bodies joined together snapped apart way back when, and I glued it back together and then put it away for a few years. You've given me the inspiration to work on it again with the 2 builds you've been working on(the Mako Shark II, and the '65). I'll post pics here in a day or so of the progress. Thank you for helping me get back to it! :)

#35 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks guys.  I don't have any of those magnets Brian.  That might be a good idea and I'll have to see if I can find some.

That's great news Marshall.  I would love to see you building that car again.  I thought that you had a good thing going there and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.  Glad I could help ya Marshall.  :)   Dan

#36 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

And I want to thank you as well! You sent me the Burger King coffee cup lids that made excellent 12" bass speakers. You are a great friend! :)

Edited by Custom Hearse, 30 April 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#37 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Thanks guys.  I don't have any of those magnets Brian.  That might be a good idea and I'll have to see if I can find some.

That's great news Marshall.  I would love to see you building that car again.  I thought that you had a good thing going there and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.  Glad I could help ya Marshall.  :)   Dan

I think I've seen small disk magnets at Micheals

#38 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

Thanks Mike.  I'll have to go take a look and see if I can get some.  

I'm glad that you can use those lids Marshall.  I had forgot all about them.  I still have a few more of those and I think that Burger King changed their lids.  Not sure though.  I hope not cause they do look good as speakers.  :)   Dan

#39 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

Radioshack should have them.  :)