#21 Pete J.

Pete J.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Full Name:Pete Johnson

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

1328 miles and not an inch further! Actually I am going to Dallas for eagle quest.

#22 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

From where I live, I'll make the trip to Indy about 50 to 60 miles away at least twice a year.  Got to watch the Wife though, or she will plan a vacation somewhere else the week of the show like she did last year.  I have never entered a car at either show, maybe this year.  I would like to attend one at Cincinnati or Louisville someday or maybe Columbus, Ohio or Chicago.  All these cities are in the 100 to 200 mile range.  It could become costly with motel expense and travel if I went any farther.

#23 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,601 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

I have traveled 750 miles to be at the NNL West. Then again I grew up 50 miles south of where the NNL West is held and now live in Phoenix. Hands down that has to be one of the best shows I have gone too. I still would like to be able to go to the GSL one of these days.

#24 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Farthest I've gone is from San Diego to Salt Lake for GSL. 12 hour drive (if I'm not driving hehe)

Paul

#25 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,031 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

20 miles

#26 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,555 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

No shows around here close enough for me to attend.  That's a big reason I love this forum, a chance to share pics and ideas with others without leaving the comfort of home.  Before the Interweb I could only guess at what was going on in the real world.

I don't know where in Vermont you are, Bruce, but there will be a show in Richmond tomorrow.

Barring that, there are a bunch of guys that come down from Vermont to MassCar. Perhaps some kind of ride-share could be arranged.

Charlie Larkin

#27 Eric N.

Eric N.

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Nordstrom

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

Tulsa, Ok to Sylvania Oh. NNL 2010 That was a trek!

#28 cnaind

cnaind

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Full Name:Alan

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

Utah from central NJ is the farthest I"ve gone. Since I travel a lot for work I check for shows and fellow modellers near my destination. Sometimes I even buy them dinner....... :D

Also..................I run the club table(T-shirts, buttons are back!!) at NNL East every year, so here's an open invite to all board members to stop by & say "Hi".

#29 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

Funny thing,  the furthest I've traveled for a show is from NJ to Salt Lake city, ironically, with Al Raab!  I've also been to Toledo and as far north as Masscar.  I would like to get out to NNL West and I have a standing invite to the South Africa NNL from my friends there. I'd really like to do that one!

For those headed long distances to NNL East,  we truly appreciate you're coming!  The restaurant at the host hotel is closed this year, so we will be hosting a free barbecue at the hotel for our traveling friends!  This will be a first class event with a good caterer. 

Also, for those who haven't made hotel reservations yet, we are near full up!  So call the hotel NOW.  Info is on the site at www.nnleast.com

And make sure you say hello!  It drives me crazy when I get emails the week after the show saying, "I saw you there but you looked busy".  Never too busy to say hello.

#30 hotrod4ever

hotrod4ever

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Full Name:Walter

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I've gone from the west coast to Lawrence,  Mass. for a show,  but my main purpose for flying east was to visit my son at B.U.  It sure was  a hi-light to see some of the top builders of the east coast,  though!  I managed to snag a 69 Shirley Shahan AMX (a holy grail?) that I have never seen in my area. I have driven about a 150 mi so far and hope to do a 6-7 hr drive to a show next year with the wifey. (could be expensive...she loves to shop!)  I also hope to plan a vacation around an NNL show (which one would people suggest?) perhaps next year or this fall/winter.

#31 Mercman

Mercman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Full Name:Junior

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

Every year I make the trip to NNL North in Mpls. Mn., 240 miles. Someday I hope to make Toledo, and the GSL.

Edited by Mercman, 14 April 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#32 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

I used to make the 5+ hour drive every year, up to a few years ago. Won't make it this year either. :huh: A five hour drive, alone, plus so-so health make it difficult. I hope you all have fun, spend a lot, and as I used to say to my folks in my youth when they went shopping "Buy me something!"  :D 

Edited by Jon Cole, 14 April 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#33 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,298 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Old age pains prevent me form driving more than 2 or 3 hours.  That's enough time to get me up to Jacksonville for the IPMS show and down to Tampa for the MAGS show.  I prefer to fly.  Marcia has been talking about taking a train to the IPMS nationals in Colorado this year.

#34 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Lately I can't even seem to find the time to get to the ACME monthly meetings 10 miles away.

I can certainly understand this situation there Bill. Since I'm the one who has to be with my son who is somewhat of a Special Needs child and a ex who has a couple of real serious health issues , it's hard to go anywhere . Generally, I can do a day trip as within my state . I'm trying to at least go to Maryland this year ...........

#35 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I've driven from Connecticut to Orlando for the IPMS Nationals...1500 miles...

#36 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

From Detroit to Toledo. What? a hundred miles or so? Now it's Detroit to Sylvania, an extra 10 miles or so.

#37 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

, an extra 10 miles or so.

When we moved NNL East from Parsippany to Wayne NJ to get into a building that was double the size, there were people who ranted about the six mile move!

#38 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Tom, there just ain't no way ta tell a person's upbringin. Just glad that move was for the better. When they moved to Sylvania from Toledo, we got a much bigger, better lit area. It was for the better too, I think.

#39 Danny Lectro

Danny Lectro

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Full Name:formerly bronxrumble5

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

I once travelled about 800 miles from NY to Louisville, KY, for a sci-fi modeling show. My wife and I shared the driving duties.

I plan to be at NNL East this year, as it is less than an hour's drive for me.

#40 vintagercr

vintagercr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Martin

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

This will be my first NNL East. 7 hour drive. Going with a couple of fellows who have been going for 8 years. I'm looking forward to it.