Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #8 FINISHED!

Real or Model #8  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Real or Model?

• Real
    • Model

O.K....(drawing a deeep breath,) I am pretty sure I know what this is. :D I'm not, however, going to vote until I've looked at the pic. on my screen at home! :lol:;) This screen is a 21" Trinitron tube but it's 10 years old. Brightness and contrast just don't seem up to today's standards. <_<

I know it sounds like I'm taking this too seriously but, man, I sure like to be right, and I haven't gotten any official votes right! :(

Before my computer arrived I lurked on here during free time at work. Then, my record was perfect!

It really doesn't matter, but I wanna be :D

Isn’t this interesting! I think we all thought that this was going to be a slam dunk. We all build models and do our best to replicate the real vehicles, so surely we can tell the difference between real or model. Not so easy is it? I’m running at about 50% and I thought I could do better than that. But I think this exercise points to a more important fact that we should all be aware of. In this age of computers and photoshop, real pictures can be manipulated to represent what someone wants us to believe, rather than what is actually happening. I used to believe “half of what I saw and none of what I heardâ€. Today, I find it hard to believe any of what I see. (sorry, I did not mean to get “politicalâ€, just pointing out the downside of technology). Back to the picture, I think real, but Harry, you are very good at what you do so I am at your mercy. The line has been effectively bleared.

Back to the picture, I think real, but Harry, you are very good at what you do so I am at your mercy. The line has been effectively bleared.

But remember...I don't alter the vehicle. I might change the background or the surface, if it gives away the scale...but I leave the car (or motorcycle) alone. If I did any PS trickery to the vehicle itself, you guys would NEVER get it right!!! :D

But remember... If I did any PS trickery to the vehicle itself, you guys would NEVER get it right!!! :D

Seriously, that is the only way to keep the playing field level!

It still doesn't mean he won't start with a picture that already leans one way or the other just to throw us off! (Like say, the last two!!)

I'm going to say Model on this one but only for one reason. I can't seem to find any valve stems on the rims anywhere (although around the 4 o'clock position it looks like there is possibly one on the front wheel) the rear wheel valve stem could be hidden by the frame shocks etc. but hey I gotta take a guess one way or the other and as tuff as these things are to figure out thats basically what this is becoming a GUESS LOL

Still saying Model :unsure: I think LOL

Chris