Oh wow that turned better than I could have imagined. Do you have any pictures of the bottom of the body...look's like a lot of detail. Amazing work Mark, my jaw is still on the floor.
WIP 84 Candies&Hughes funny car 1/24
Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:42 PM
Awesome chassis, killer motor and the paint..wow
Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:37 AM
Mark, it came out great! you did a super job on it with your awesome detail work. Thanks again for using our products and again nice job!!
Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:02 AM
Mark........good to see you here at the forum.......Beautiful job on this build my friend........hope to see you at one of the next shows.
Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:01 PM
Thanks for all the great comments to all. Charlie, thanks again for the top notch parts, and thank you John, I'm looking forward to seeing your new stunners at the next show and have a good chat as well. I'll try to post some pics of the underbody for ya krazyglu and I hope I have the body supports in the right spots. The guys at the NHRA museum had me firmly wrestled to the ground before I could jump the ropes and get the body up for a look.
Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:06 PM
Beautifully done. I hope mine looks this sweet whenever I build it.
Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:46 AM
Super job, Mark. Sorry I missed this one 'til just now. I, too, am curious about how you did your blower belt....
Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:29 PM
Here's a shot of the underbody for krazyglu. IMG_0397.jpg 111.97KB 0 downloads As for the blower belt some of you were asking about, here's how I made it. This may get put in the tips and tricks section but here it goes. First I got Evergreen .020 black styrene sheet, cut a strip to go around a microscale bottle cap. Any polypropelyne cap will do. IMG_0389.jpg 650.12KB 0 downloads Wrap it tight with rubberbands and through cappillary action drop liquid styrene cement on the top of the cap and it will fill the v groves from the cap. IMG_0390.jpg 670.4KB 0 downloadsLet it sit for an hour or two and unwrap. The black styrene will have the impression of the v grove and be quite plieable,you can straighten the strip and get the slight curve out of it as well.Be sure to put it between a small piece of paper towel and then something flat and heavy and leave it for several hours maybe a day to be sure all the styrene glue is evaporated out of the plastic. Once dry I backsand the smooth side to desired thickness and it starts getting much easier to bend around the pullies. Speaking of pullies you can use the excess to wrap around stock tubing to make pullies that will mesh with your belt. IMG_0395.jpg 718.97KB 0 downloads It's real easy once you give it a few tries and the light bulb will go on for other uses and larger scale stuff as well. Thanks for the interest
Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:29 PM
That is an awesome trick Mark. Thanks for sharing. No wonder your belt looks so good.
Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:43 PM
Great trick on the Blower Belt, I've never thought of doing that! I really need to try it because your belts look very good. Very nice work overall, too. Especially I like the inside of that body...Very nicely detailed.
Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:30 PM
Mark thank you for the under body shot, you have convinced me I should do the same on my Kenny Bernstein build. That is a really awesome idea with the belt, I love using the plastic welder and you have now showed me another use for it...very cool. Again awesome build Mark
Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:00 PM
Outstanding build, Mark. Nice, nice looking car. Great details.
I have everything to do it, just gotta get crankin'.
Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:01 AM
Fantastic build, love all the fine detail and neat finish