#61 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Yes, Revell is going to use social media to advertise to a broad consumer base... they don't need to worry about the grumpy old curmudgeons that don't use FB and just complain about the modern world.

Which is probably for the best for them :lol: ,   Revell and every other company out there, its all part of  the new ways business are reaching out to their there customer base,  heck, it has been proven, you have a complaint with a company, post that complaint on the company's FB page, that seems to work magic in getting issues resolved

#62 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

I don't have a Space-place/fartbook acccount, don't plan on one, and Block All links to them!!!

#63 Blown03SVT

Blown03SVT

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Terry

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Yes, Revell is going to use social media to advertise to a broad consumer base... they don't need to worry about the grumpy old curmudgeons that don't use FB and just complain about the modern world.

wish I could like this post! LOL

#64 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

wish I could like this post! LOL

Eric, will this work for you

imagesqtbnANd9GcS5ZiBuqmArbPHKxoPiN_zps0

#65 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

I keep my expectations realistic. Focus on the good stuff we are going to get, rather than being disappointed at what we were hoping for. The '62 Vette gasser looks great!

I was a bit surprised to hear Ed Sexton tell me Revell would be announcing new kits in May, but they did. From what I recall in past years, the Mid year announcements were only reissues, and no new kits. Then again, I don't recall Revell, Round2, and Moebius attending NNLs and announcing their products before, either, so it's a brave new world.

I was pleasantly surprised with the D&M '62 Vette gasser in Revell's video, as the front tires are larger, the nose not quite as high, and the wheels even better than the real car's. Brett's right about the half-hex rear wheel arches(?!) on the BM car, so I guess this is a decent compromise.

:wub:

scan0035.jpg

#66 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

I was a bit surprised to hear Ed Sexton tell me Revell would be announcing new kits in May, but they did. From what I recall in past years, the Mid year announcements were only reissues, and no new kits. Then again, I don't recall Revell, Round2, and Moebius attending NNLs and announcing their products before, either, so it's a brave new world.

I think maybe that Revell/Round/Moebius have found that there is some value if you will attending NNL's and showing off what they have planned,  I think they know that being out there, connecting with their customer base is a good thing , its smart business

It was still a good week for me in the world of announcements for products

Edited by martinfan5, 03 May 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#67 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Of the people in the demographic Revell caters to, I'd put my money on more of them NOT being on Facebook.  I'd also take the bet that most will never be there.  They'd be foolish to think that their entire customer base will ever go on board with that fad... 

Fad? FAD? Ha! Ha! Ha! 

#68 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Going to an NNL is a good thing for the model companies . The people attending are the people that buy their product. This is putting the news right in our hands. 

#69 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

So going to a couple NNL's paying for airline tickets and hotel rooms to talk to a few hundred folks who are already dedicated model buyers = good business.  Ok, I agree with that.

But posting announcements on Facebook for all the world (and their 13,000+ followers) to see which costs them nothing and, who knows, might even attract some new modelers = bad business?

I'm running out of Cosby gifs...

2rdd9.gif 

#70 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hit post too soon, redid it.

Now that makes sense,  remember , Revells target buyers are not wanting anything to do with Facetwitter, or twittonmyface , or anything social network type of website's,  sure, there are some that do, but just going by how people feel about on this forum, its the devil and they want no part of it :lol:

#71 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

But posting announcements on Facebook for all the world (and their 13,000+ followers) to see which costs them nothing and, who knows, might even attract some new modelers = bad business?

Facebook is WW but sadly Revell's distribution network is not.

Edited by Luc Janssens, 03 May 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#72 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,978 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Rob, not all that do not want facebook, etc, are grumpy carmudgeons nor complain about the modern world.  I simply choose to not use internet social media like facebook, etc.Yes, I am 52, and  would appreciate you not making a blanket statement like that.  Thank you to the member that posted the youtube video.  I look forward to the ragtop 69 Shelby!  Maybe they will do like the 70 Roadrunner and give us a new interior as well, that would be great.

#73 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

Seriously, Revell's Facebook page is no different than their website, anybody can go to it.  It's just a page on the internet.  The difference is that anybody with the login and password can update their Facebook page, they can get Agnes, the 75 year old secretary to do it, it's easier than posting on this message board, honestly, while changing their website takes someone trained to do websites and is a MUUUUCH bigger PITA and God forbid you leave an HTML tag open or something, you end up ripping a hole in the space-time continuum.

And how would someone know to go check their website, who just goes to a company's website every day or two just to see what's new?  If only there were some way they could tell folks about new things, you know - a way for folks who "like" that company to receive news and messages about that company?  If only there were a place like that on teh interwebz...   I don't know, I'm no genius with the computer or anything, maybe some Zuckerberg will come along one day and invent something like that...  

#74 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

1-12FooseCamaro_zps2e11fd9c.jpg

The 1/12 Foose Camaro I suppose. Can`t say I have seen this one in 1:1. And are those Cobra Halibrand wheels I see there? I already have some ideas for the big Mustang kit.  :)

I can`t wait to see this one, even though it looks like we  wont get an RS grille. Please, please, a set of black stripes for a stock build?

#75 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

I've added a list to the existing Revell video link to post #1 in this topic, so once Revell releases more details and images of some of the new and modified kits, I will add them. I'm still a bit puzzled why they didn't include either of the VW Beetles in the slideshow video, though.

Whatever happens on other forums, please don't bring it over here.  ;)

#76 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Can anybody comment more about the ’53 Chevy Sedan Delivery? Assuming this is a re-issue of the 53/54, so just a gasser, no stock parts?

I don't think any of the Revell '53/'54 Chevy Sedans nor Sedan Delivery kits could be built 100% stock, but the stock grilles (at least the '54 grille is, the one shown on the built up/older box art) and door handles are present. IIRC there is a raised, straight axle with parallel leaf springs setup for the front end of the gasser version, but the stock front suspension parts are included, too. I don't believe this kit has been updated since the 1988 or so reissue which was molded in "Chianti red," like so:

panel1.jpg

#77 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Maybe I missed it, but what is the yellow car(?) pictured at the upper right of Revell's image?:

[attachment=38312:revllmay1.jpg]

#78 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

"New" Beetle w/ new wheels. Not sure if it'll be the snapper or the glue kit, I'd lean towards the snapper, but there was supposed to have been a reissue of the glue kit as part of the "Basic Builder" line that ended up never happening, so it could be the glue kit.

Since there's a newer New Beetle I guess it's not really the New Beetle anymore?!?!  What will they call it now, I wonder?

#79 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

"New" Beetle w/ new wheels. Not sure if it'll be the snapper or the glue kit, I'd lean towards the snapper, but there was supposed to have been a reissue of the glue kit as part of the "Basic Builder" line that ended up never happening, so it could be the glue kit.

Since there's a newer New Beetle I guess it's not really the New Beetle anymore?!?!  What will they call it now, I wonder?

It will always be the 'New Beetle' because the new generation is named 'Beetle' instead of New New Beetle.

Edited by Rob Hall, 08 May 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#80 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,971 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

I keep looking at picture of the real second gen "New" Beetle, and can't see any bumper cover-to-fender cut lines as shown in Revell's pic, not to mention that blister/wedge/highlighted area(?) at the upper left corner.

Revell's pic must be a left front 3/4 view?:

11149.jpg