Now that I am back from NNL East I can get back to this project. I started it while I was wrapping up my '58 Plymouth.
The Imperial body is HUGE, as a result the first thing I had to do was stretch the frame and floor pan from the pro-sportsman kits.
The fit between my floor and body is pretty sloppy so I decided I would use the dash as a locator. The cage may not be 100% accurate but doing it this way made a positive mount for the dash
Here is the frame. I really wanted a top fuel style wing on this big car so I added the back of a T/F dragster chassis. You can see the Imperial body on the left. Behind it is the next drag car in waiting.
Here's the frame with the body work in place.
Started on the wheelie bars
Hopefully this week I can start painting components. This will be a full on race car so no door panels or carpet. Just go fast goodies.
Thanks for looking!!!
Edited by am73grand, 26 May 2013 - 12:00 PM.