Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Sad Day - Ray Parsons of R&R Resin Has Passed Away

Sad to report the passing of Ray Parson of R&R Resin today at 12:10 pm. Having attended many model car events, Cruise nights and car shows all over the country with Ray over the last 25 years I will surely miss him. Ray was a great family man and a genuine car guy. He loved driving his Hemi powered 34 Ford Cabriolet. He has been resin casting for about 30 years and one of the pioneers of the business.

Rest in Peace Ray.

Do a big smokey burn out at the gates

Al Rogers

Ray was a regular at the COPPERSTATE Model Car Championships.

Sorry to hear of his passing.

Rest Peacefully, Ray.

I remember that...I bought some resin kits from him at a Copperstate show and the NNL West probably 10 years ago. Sad to hear, he always had some interesting items in his resin line.

Very sorry to hear this! Ray was a good guy and a vendor at NNL East for many years. The last time I saw Ray was a few years ago when he came to the show as a spectator, but not empty handed. He gave us several resin kits to give away as prizes. Our sincere condolences to Ruth and the rest of Ray's family.

I talked with the gentleman who was running Ray's booth at the last Detroit Toy show. That was two weeks ago. He said then that Ray wasn't doing too well. He was a nice guy once you got to know him. He tolerated my questions and was freindly to me once he got used to seeing me at the shows. I'll miss him, he was a cool guy. Rest In Peace, Ray.

It's a sad day in Modelsville= :(

I met Ray many years ago at the Macomb College shows,

My Dad was into old Ford flatheads long before I was born so I grew up around them-After my Dad died a few years ago Ray was one of the few people that I let "pick" my Dads buildings- we traded a lot of old Ford stuff for resin stuff I wanted (Ray got the better end of that deal ! )

Ray and Ruth were here a few times to visit and pick-I wanted to show Ray my model collection but he couldn't care less about those model cars-He wanted to see the real car stuff-Him and my Dad would have gotten along like stink on a monkey.......I mean that in a good way and you would know what I mean if you had ever met either one of them in person.

My thoughts are with Ruth and their kids tonight......but now Ron Cash has someone to play with :)

001-98_zpsbe19e8f9.jpg

The last time I saw them I got Ray and Ruth to sign the T-shirt I was wearing ..

Ray Parsons passed away on the 26th of April....I just seen his obituary in my local newspaper....My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, I knew him personally and I'm having a hard time dealing with this....So out of respect for Ray....Keep his memory alive by building those nice kits he made.

I have only bought three resin kits in my life and two of them were from R&R Resins and both were 34 Chevs. I give this guy full credit for casting up 34 Chevs at a time when no one else was doing it. Ray was visionary in the resin world !