These are pictures of my curbside Candy Red 1940 Mercury custom car. I started with a Jimmy Flintstone Matranga resin kit and added a few custom touches.
I removed the side window trim and filled the rear quarter windows. For a smoother look, I removed the running boards. To improve the appearance of the rear windows, I substituted the rear window panel from the Revell 1940 Ford Coupe. I added frenched and tunneled headlights and 1948 Chevy taillights. I slammed it over a 1940 Ford chassis and added a Pegasus chrome rim and white wall tire combination.
I finished it in candy red with an enamel clear coat. I did the polishing with 4000, 6000, 8000 and 12000 pads followed by Novus 3, 2 and 1 liquid polish. This was a fun project that I needed to take me out of a model car building slump.