I'm going to show for those that are not aware of, a little tip on how to make a cheap and very useful sanding block using a piece of plastic struct square tubing and whatever grit of sandpaper. I have used this trick for many many years.
First off get yourself some plastic struct square tubing. It comes in different sizes and follow these tips and you'll havesanding blocks for sanding small items that will last for some time.
* Also when one side wears out, just flip it over and use another side.
* Checkout attached photos of this tip. Good luck!
1. Pick a couple sizes of plasticstruct that suit you.
2. Sand one side of the plasticstruct your using a little flatter then it is.
3. Get some sand paper and use whatever grit that you suits you.
4. Use super glue, put it on tubing and spread around with a toothpick covering
the bottom completely.
5. Lay the plasticstruct down on the sanding block and wait a few minutes.
6. Trim around the sanding block with exacto knife.
7. Homemade sanding block.
8. You can also use a piece of metal tubing?
Edited by goodguyinar416, 29 April 2013 - 07:55 AM.