77 replies to this topic

#41 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Well if i have to actually sand off the emblems on the body i doubt i will get this kit that is too much like work for me .

And no rearview mirror ,what are they thinking this is just crazy i will never buy another chevy II from Round 2 ever again

(This is nothing but PURE SARCASM and really a joke ) but i will have at least one then i can cast the new bits and use the other decals for one of the 6 i have stashed

Michael

Michael, this is supposed to be a Drag car, you don't need/want a rear view mirror  someone might be gaining on you, & in drag racing, it's totally impossible to block & get away with it! roflmsao!

#42 DR JAY

DR JAY

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Van Nostrand

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

...Great News...I've been planning to build this for a while. Now, all I have to do is find a Fuel Injected Corvette kit with an accurate looking engine (or at least an accurate fuel injection setup) to drop in the Deuce and I can await its release...

#43 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

Michael, this is supposed to be a Drag car, you don't need/want a rear view mirror  someone might be gaining on you, & in drag racing, it's totally impossible to block & get away with it! roflmsao!

Well if I remember correctly the mirror was engraved right to the front windshield . Haven't looked lately .

But i really liked your reply

MIchael

#44 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Yeah.  Mirror was originally engraved to the windshield, then they cleaned that up right quick but never supplied a separate piece.  Figgered it might be a nice thing to fix for this reissue in the same spirit they finally provided for vent windows in the '62 Pontiac - but if it's a choice between a mirror or steelies and a bench, I'll gladly snap up the latter, thanks. 

B) 

#45 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Website shows as backed up to October... 

#46 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Looks like this kit is out, or very soon to be. Anybody pick one up yet?

They're shipping to distributors right now.  I should have one by Saturday, might get a chance to sneak a peek at one today. 

#47 Exotics_Builder

Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

Here's the link to their instructions

http://www.round2mod...ions/amt772.pdf

#48 chachie

chachie

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Full Name:Chachie Gonzales

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

i digg the mini box it also came with for sure.

I, too am enjoying this model set. there is a bench seat as well

#49 ShawnS

ShawnS

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Full Name:Shawn Shirley

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

A strange request I know but If anyone has this kit, would you please be so kind as to post a pic of the bench seats. I'm doing some research for a future project that may require me to by 3 of these kits and it all hangs on what the bench seat looks like.

Thanks

ShawnS

#50 58 Impala

58 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

My local Hobbytown has some on the shelf, I passed on it until I know for sure what's in the kit.

#51 Dave

Dave

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Sciano

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

LHS had them yesterday but it was $31.95!   Revell Vette Gasser was only $23.00 So I opted for that instead. New reissue of Paddy Wagon was high too, $34.95

#52 58 Impala

58 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

My Hobbytown had the Grumpy kit for $21.79, not a bad price. But they had the Paddy Wagon kit for $33...ridiculous, I'll pass.

#53 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,490 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

My shop was somewhere in the $22-25 range, I think.

I plan on getting one. Remove SS badges, add photo-etch Nova stuff and a 194- boom, instant Nova 400.

Charlie Larkin

#54 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

I know this kit has the steel wheels for the drag version, which "mag" wheels are in this version? The ones I bought years ago had the Cragar SS chrome 5 spokes and the box art on this release show ones that appear a little different from the Cragars.

I think I will have to get one of these, even if I already have several of the earlier ones!

#55 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

I know this kit has the steel wheels for the drag version, which "mag" wheels are in this version? The ones I bought years ago had the Cragar SS chrome 5 spokes and the box art on this release show ones that appear a little different from the Cragars.

I think they'll be the same Cragar S/S wheels as in the previous non-Pro Street kits, but it looks like the stock, three-"spoke" wheel covers are now included, too: http://www.round2mod...ions/amt772.pdf

#56 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,705 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I think I will have to get one of these, even if I already have several of the earlier ones!

It's got the same Cragar SS the stock versions have always had...very nice, w/ the S/S cap detailing.  Stock hubcaps also.   One thing I noticed is it seems to have old tires...I don't recall what tires the original issue has, but this issue has the old AMT super skinny Firestones and some soft, hollow drag slicks.

Edited by Rob Hall, 15 October 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#57 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thanks Casey & Rob, even with the Cragar SS wheels I think I will hit the Hobby Lobby and get one of these. Might try my hand at a sleeper car now that this has a bench seat and steelies, just have to decide what powerplant to use.......

#58 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Apparently in the Grumpy’s Nova, there is one Goodyear slick, and one Racemaster slick. 

#59 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,705 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Apparently in the Grumpy’s Nova, there is one Goodyear slick, and one Racemaster slick. 

Hmm...will have to check mine..I noticed there were two slicks, round and black...

Edit: Checked mine..indeed...the slicks are identical except for the names stamped on them--one has Goodyear on both sides and the other says Racemaster on both sides.

Edited by Rob Hall, 27 October 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#60 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

I have a Model King-boxed 69 GTO funny car and a buddy of mine has the later Round 2 issued kit and both had the same slicks in them: one Goodyear, one Racemaster. I have a feeling someone mis-matched the mold inserts.