Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell is reissuing the 'Can-Do' (Steeps) tow truck...

I was browsing the Tower website a few minutes ago and they mentioned a 359 Wrecker for $89.99 in the Revell section and am wondering if this is something new or did they combine a couple of kits? The last time the KW kit was out it was $100+ and the RoG rotator wrecker was even more.

If someone in the know (hint Brett!) can shed some light, let us know!

I saw that thread and wondered what a 'Can Do' (Steeps) is..the livery of a past issue of this kit?

That's what I gather. I think there's also the "Bill's Signs" big rig kit which is referred to by its informal name as well.

That's what I gather. I think there's also the "Bill's Signs" big rig kit which is referred to by its informal name as well.

I see a bunch of RoG KW wrecker kits (in 1/25th) on eBay that say 'Freds' on them..white w/ orange graphics.

IIRC, though, these kits come with quite a few extra parts. I seem to recall either this kit or the Bill Signs kit coming with a second frame, a complete sleeper, and a headache rack among other parts. Even if they're selling for three figures, once you take that and the overall quality of the kits into consideration I don't think the prices being asked would be unreasonable at all.

The Steeps Can-Do is no longer apart of the kit, it still has the same decals, just missing all the company logos and names, go to the 2:13 mark and you will see it

I wonder what this is going to do to the price's this is bringing in on ebay for this kit

More than one website shows the tractor version, not the wrecker version. The price is too low for it to be the wrecker.

watch video in post 19 shows tow truck as new release .rog is releasing tractor version looks to be based on black magic pete .

I wish they were to make the former CAN DO wrecker more affordable to us builders that dont have much money coming in!? :( ...Watch all the "Collectors" on feebay buy em up and once the issue is no longer being produced ask double what they paid... :angry:

Edited by bandit1

I wish they were to make the former CAN DO wrecker more affordable to us builders that dont have much money coming in!? :( ...Watch all the "Collectors" on feebay buy em up and once the issue is no longer being produced ask double what they paid... :angry:

$90.00 is abargain compared to ebay prices on this kit.got time to start saving up.