#21 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

That looks very interesting - cheers for the write-up.  I wonder if this means we may see other 2CV variants, whether a much earlier 2CV (with the ripple bonnet) or even something more exotic such as a Mehari or a Bijou.

Either of them would go down well with me, Mehari's were everywhere in Spain, but thinking outside the box, if Ebbro could work with some of the other Tamiya kits, we could have a Fiat 500 Jolly, and they could do something with the Tamiya Mini kits, 

#22 Paul H

Paul H

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Harker

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Mmmm - if they did a Riley Elf, then that would save me having to make my own!!  Other possible Mini variants would be a Broadspeed coupe, or Traveller / Countryman, all three of which I imagine would sell well in Japan.

Another possible & more obscure Tamiya conversion would be turning the Jag Mk2 into a Mk1.  I'm tempted to try that one myself anyway, as the alterations required are relatively simple (in fact my research shows the changes required to be less extensive than I originally thought).  Mine would be on steels & fully spatted though, for the full design purity.  Would also look good displayed (as the missing link) between a Revellogram XK120 & a Tamiya Mk2 B)

#23 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Mmmm - if they did a Riley Elf, then that would save me having to make my own!!  Other possible Mini variants would be a Broadspeed coupe, or Traveller / Countryman, all three of which I imagine would sell well in Japan.

Another possible & more obscure Tamiya conversion would be turning the Jag Mk2 into a Mk1.  

Woseley Horney/Riley Elf would be great, traveller would be a great model to have, infact I would buy any Mini models they released, but I'd much prefer them to turn the MK2 into an S type, a much under rated Jag'

Attached File  S Type.jpg   34.76KB   1 downloads

#24 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Barrow

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Recently I have just started to take a liking to odd European cars (Wish there was a reliant robin kit),so I just picked up the ROG 2cv Charleston the other day and I'm really excited about building it. This is going to be a purchase in the near future for me.

Brett,what movie is that from? 

If nobody's answered yet, it's from Return of the Pink Panther, which is kinda like the orphaned Pink Panther movie, it was Sellers and Blake Edwards, but was done by UA instead of MGM since it was like 12 years after Shot in the Dark and the other PP movies without Sellers flopped.  After it did well, MGM got back on board and did Pink Panther Strikes Again and the rest is history.  It can be a little hard to find on DVD, but it's worth tracking down if your a fan of the 70's Panther movies.  Same kinda gags that are in Strikes Again, lots of folks get them mixed up.  I'm a huge Sellers/Edwards/Panther fan, in case it doesn't show...  :D

#25 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

Ah procrastination scores again!  I've always meant to do the conversion from a 2CV sedan and never got around to it.  Now we merely need to buy a couple.  Hmmm... there was a pickup version too?

#26 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

With this and Heller seemingly off life support I see several new French vehicles being added to my stash (and hopefully getting built). Now if someone would just do a Citroen DS. I can't beleive it has never been done in 1/24-1/25 being one of the best looking European cars ever built (at least in my opinion).

#27 Paul H

Paul H

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Harker

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

I'd much prefer them to turn the MK2 into an S type, a much under rated Jag'

attachicon.gifS Type.jpg

If that is something you ever want to attempt, I'm pretty sure that I have a very good profile blueprint of the S Type, which I reckon would be invaluable for such a conversion - PM me your email & I'll send it over to you.  Btw, a Heller E Type kit would provide an excellent IRS too (I'm using one for the Airtrax Jag Mk10 that's in my to build pile) the one under the recently re-released Revell roadster is far too chunky.

#28 Chillyb1

Chillyb1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Full Name:Curtis

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Now if someone would just do a Citroen DS. I can't believe it has never been done in 1/24-1/25 being one of the best looking European cars ever built (at least in my opinion).

This has been my dream since I got back into modeling about ten years ago. And the gorgeousness of the DS is not just a matter of your opinion or mine. It is a scientifically proven fact that the DS is the most beautiful mass-produced automobile ever!

#29 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Nice write up Geoff,  this is still on my to get list

#30 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,924 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I don't know French or Japanese and sometimes have trouble with English but did anyone else notice what step #6 is called on the instructions ???  Installing Front Food ???

Geez, Ron, come on! That's obviously a typo, should have read assembling front food.

:P 

#31 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Geez, Ron, come on! That's obviously a typo, should have read assembling front food.

:P

Is the rear food different then the front food?

#32 PowerPlant

PowerPlant

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Full Name:Matija Vasić

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Maybe the kit includes baguettes and croissants in scale... Who knows? :P

#33 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Looks like a neat kit....

#34 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

I assume the front food typo was supposed to mean the front hood. This is to make sure no one would confuse it with the rear hood.