Model Cars Magazine Forum

Duel Plymouth Valiant Finished

IMPALA SS 427

Man alive , that's an epic piece of worksmanship , James !!

And those righteous , 100% correct license plates are too much !! (more on those in a minute...)

I can just see this Valiant cruising up the Pasadena Freeway ( then , CA 11 , today CA 110 ) , through the Figuroa Street Tunnels , over the Golden State Freeway transition , and miles away to CA 14 / Antelope Valley Freeway , with Jazz , commericals , traffic reports , weather forecasts and "Sweet" Dick Whittington hosting a talk programme !

Kudos , my good man !

** Those license plates on the 1971 Valiant in the movie are special to movie and television cars . While I'm not aware of the origins of the characters on the plate ( 149 PCE ) , I can say that , if they were issued as a regular-ad seq plate , they would've been issued in circa 1976 ( "P" = 1976 ) . In subsequent years , variations of this plate were utilised on the "A-TEAM" GMC van

( "1PCE149" ) and other vehicles in other t.v. shows / films whose names I cannot recall at the moment.

Thanks guys for the kind words, it means a lot coming from such great builders. :)

I have plans for the truck (after i have finished my current projects) and if i do end up placing them in a diorama I can easily add the driver figure for the intended mid chase scene.

Very very nice. I do not believe it was established in the movie what engine it had. What resin body is this, and what kit did you use for detail?

Very very nice. I do not believe it was established in the movie what engine it had. What resin body is this, and what kit did you use for detail?

True, but how many 4 door A bodys came with big blocks though ;)

Thanks guys :)

Danno- not sure what you mean about "too shiny" paint is straight from the can.. No clear and un polished... And I would love to have the correct wheels but nothing close is available, I did try making some from scratch but soon realised I'm not too good with making wheels....

Midnightprowler- this isn't a resin body. I converted it from a 69 dodge dart gts.

Full buildup on scaleautomag: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/34/t/111415.aspx?sort=ASC&pi209=1