#41 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

If all of you want to complain about No Pics ? Why don't you offer to post pics for Modelhaus ? A solution is always more useful than criticism . I would rather they provide us with quality and the quantity of parts that are flawless . I've been a Customer since the beginning . I have no problem with No pics . I've never been let down . I have cast some parts myself . It is time consuming , so is posting Pics . I am happy with their decision .    Thanx ..

#42 tktom24

tktom24

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

No complaints, just wondering. 

#43 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

I've been a Customer since the beginning . I have no problem with No pics . I've never been let down . I have cast some parts myself . It is time consuming , so is posting Pics . I am happy with their decision .    Thanx ..

Lack of Pics for you, Me and many on this very board = No pictures is fine. WE know the history and quality.

But most new customers they will loose because he has no pictures. Will they loose them all ? imo, No .

But I assure you he is loosing customers because of it. If he has all the customers he can handle thats fine and dandy ,, then I say good for him.

But, At some point in time , that will change.

MY opinion only

#44 southpier

southpier

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Full Name:joe smythe

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

I think it (lack of photos) prevents spontaneous purchases.

#45 Mopar - D

Mopar - D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Slade

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

I bought a corrected 62 Chrysler 300 interior and wheel covers from Modelhaus with out pictures and i am 110% satisfied and have ordered the new 65 Dodge Custom Sports Special and some 68 Imperial bumpers with out any pictures and know that I will be very satisfied when they come in.

#46 250 Testa Rossa

250 Testa Rossa

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Full Name:Maxx Kominski

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Any pictures of his Corvair stuff?

#47 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

I think it (lack of photos) prevents spontaneous purchases.

I understand that but Don is so busy that the "spontaneous" purchase is not a big deal for him... I am not saying that to make him sound like he doesn't care ( quite the contrary) it is just not a big deal for him...

#48 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Does anyone have pictures of their '59 Chevrolet Pickup Cab. Plated or Unplated version, doesn't matter. I know the Quality is Top Notch but the grille area is the thing I'm not sure about. http://www.modelhaus...?c=4064&p=63654

I want to build a replica of this Finnish Chevy Truck and that Pickup cab is the best basis for that project that I have found. The real one has Blown 572 Chevy Big Block that puts out about 1000 HP. http://kuvia.1g.fi/k....5/MOP_8834.jpg

Edited by W-409, 05 August 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#49 kalbert

kalbert

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Kurth

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

In this age of investors and management pushing all the time for more more more it's no wonder so many of you are having a hard time comprehending. They have zero competition far as restoration parts go so you really have two options, buy the parts from them or don't get the parts. As has been stated over and over, Modelhaus is as busy as they want to be, serving the customer base they want to serve. Sure pictures might grow their business, but they are as big as they want to be and have the kind of customers they want to have. They have the finest resin parts in the industry, the fastest service and the biggest catalog. If they think pictures would compromise their ability to be the best, or if they don't think they need pictures to sell their products then they don't need pictures. They are not Amazon and they don't want to be. I'm not putting words in their mouths, these words came from their mouths.

Edited by kalbert, 05 August 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#50 Gramps2u

Gramps2u

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Hitchcock

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

It's Don Holthaus. He's the Chuck Norris of resin casting. No need for pics, because you KNOW you'll get the best. :P

Agreed 100%. 

#51 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Very nice work and very nice people. Always good stuff. 

#52 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Keep in mind that Don and Carol started their business back before selling on the internet was common and they sold strictly at shows or mail order. It was enough work for them to just get orders out and put together their catalog and supplements, let alone taking pictures and adding to the cost of producing a catalog. Keep in mind a lot of their items are made to order and they don't always have everything sitting on a shelf, so getting pictures isn't easy.

If Don thought he needed to add pictures to sell more product, I am sure he would find a way to do so. Much like Norm at Replicas and Miniatures, he has established his business as being one of the best in terms of service and quality of product and a picture catalog will only distract from the core of his business- casting resin.

I will never hesitate to buy from them, they have always treated me well.

#53 realgone58

realgone58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Wickham

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Pictures? They'd need a website the size of ebay! If you google modelhaus stuff under images, you'll find a bunch of them. 

#54 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

If it works don't fix it . The Business is run by a very few People . Family run as is many others . I wouild rather spend time buying from a catalog or online . If I don't know who I am buying from , I check it out , somewhere , like here . As with Replicas and minatures , a Phone call is quite reasonable . Don & Carol uswed to do the same . Phone calls did expanded to Eamil and a Website . I am Status quo for this Caster and some others . This is the reason for this site and other sites like this . Word of Mouth Advertising is best anyway . Not everyone is the same . I sure am an individual .   Thanx ..

#55 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

Don and Carol are great people they have some of the best resin out and have bought from them a long time and always happy  If you never tried them  do so you wont be disappointed!!!

#56 GMP440

GMP440

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

There definetly is a need for pics.  But, their products are nothing short of outstanding.

I've bought from Modelhaus at the NNL east.  Their castings are as good or better than castings from the

modelcar manufacturers.

#57 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

More pics of their stuff....

http://public.fotki....us_resin_items/

#58 Steven Zimmerman

Steven Zimmerman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Full Name:Steven

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

I asked Carol this at NNL East, during one of those rare moments when she wasn't running her keyster off, filling orders ( and while I was dropping about 250 bucks there myself. Her answer? She said she and Don both work 60 to 80 hours a week " on the job', DON'T HAVE TIME for pictures....And I understand her point....'Z'

#59 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

More pics of their stuff....

http://public.fotki....us_resin_items/

Thanx Tom. I've added it to my collection of Modelhaus photoi links, which is how I've chosen to handle the photo deficit. It's also the way I've chosen to deal with the Replicas & Miniatures photo deficit. While I agree that the lack of photos is a serious problem for me, and no doubt for others,(I have occasionally purchased parts from them that weren't what I required - although it should be noted that this is no different than the problem I've hasd at times with kits I've bought from my LHS), and that product images would drive sales upwards substantially, this is a business decision these vendors have made and find acceptable. Despite the propaganda in today's financial world. growth and ambition are not everything. While the unequivocally superb quality of both these product lines may be obvious to anyone who has had the good fortune to see or use them, those who live outside the Eastern half of the USA, and/or don't attend model car shows in that region, and those who are new to the aftermarket part of the auto modeling hobby, can have no way of knowing what many of these items are, let alone how well made they are. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. In the meantime below is another photo link I've collected: Many thanx to those who have created them and made them available...With respect to Replicas & Minitures I highly recommend anyone considering their fine products purchase their catalog. It provides a complete listing of all their hundreds of offerings and includes all product updates issued over the years. All these updates include photographs of the new parts released, and the original catalog pages also have dozens of photos of important items. 

http://s223.photobuc...s Pics/08 pics/

Edited by Bernard Kron, 17 August 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#60 LongRoofNut

LongRoofNut

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Full Name:Jonny Carson

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

I have bought a few parts and a few cars here and there from The Modelhaus. Always liked their service quality and products. I am a Volvo/Mercedes tech and my standards are pretty high for most things in my life. So I sold off a ton of kits I will never build and dropped about $650 on kits and parts from them, never seeing pictures up close and personal. As always, I was not disappointed. I had ONE flaw in the chrome work but that was easily rectified by Don. Both Don and Carol are a God send to this hobby and have set the bar for products and services. 

Would I drop that kinda money again for their products? In a heart beat.........now if they come out with a '73-'78 LTD Country Squire, '75-'79 Lincoln Town Car or coupe, Buick Century from '73-'77...........we can all dream, right?