#41 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,717 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Kind of hard when you hit view new content and all you see is off topic stuff....

When you click "View New Content," you have the option of filtering which new content you want to see (or not see).

This forum software has all kinds of options for you to customize things the way you want them. All you have to do is make use of the features instead of complaining about stuff.

#42 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,988 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'm really not sure this off topic section is a good idea. One of the things I always liked about this forum was that it was just models.

bodypaint.jpg

#43 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

bodypaint.jpg

Yes, but that probably belongs in Dioramas. (Just getting back On Topic.)

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c6e18f577

Edited by sjordan2, 11 May 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#44 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

I will say that there are a number of threads that I don't understand being transferred to Off Topic from General, because it seems to me they deal with car modeling...

Michael's 50% off coupon (doesn't this relate to buying car models and supplies?)

Many US EBay Sellers Will Opt In For International Shipping Soon

(same as above)

GOT MY NEW ROOM DONE!

(model-building workplace)

Why would these not belong in General?

Edited by sjordan2, 11 May 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#45 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,228 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

I will say that there are a number of threads that I don't understand being transferred to Off Topic from General, because it seems to me they deal with car modeling...

Michael's 50% off coupon (doesn't this relate to buying car models and supplies?)

Many US EBay Sellers Will Opt In For International Shipping Soon

(same as above)

GOT MY NEW ROOM DONE!

(model-building workplace)

Why would these not belong in General?

Maybe some of them do, Skip. The post about shipping and ebay is about just that, ebay's new shipping option.

If you think a post should be in a different section than where it's currently located, send me a PM with a link, please. 

#46 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Maybe some of them do, Skip. The post about shipping and ebay is about just that, ebay's new shipping option.

If you think a post should be in a different section than where it's currently located, send me a PM with a link, please. 

All of the above have links and are on page 1 of Off Topic, and all are directly related to our hobby. Nothing about health, pets, children, etc. I posted my comment because it is now very confusing as to what the policy is regarding what goes where, and I think our members deserve clarification.

#47 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,228 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

All of the above have links and are on page 1 of Off Topic, and all are directly related to our hobby. Nothing about health, pets, children, etc. I posted my comment because it is now very confusing as to what the policy is regarding what goes where, and I think our members deserve clarification.

There is no perfect fit for every forum topic, so sometimes we make a judgement call where we feel it fits best. The Off-topic section is what, four days old? I went through the first 16 pages of the General section, moving posts out of General and into other categories, but mainly to Off Topic and the also very new Member Introduction section. I'm still planning to do more, but each topic is located where is is because either the O.P. posted it there, or Harry or I moved it there, based on where we felt it best belongs. Again, if you have a question or want an explanation, please PM me.

I moved the Michael's coupon back to GD. I replied to it an bumped it back up this afternoon, so there will still be plenty of older posts which have yet to be and may never be moved from GD to OT. Maybe I clicked on it when I was moving other posts out of GD to OT, and it got moved when it should've stayed.

#48 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

I can't believe people are having this big of an issue with the off-topic section.  I honestly think it is a great idea because it cleans up the board a bit, since it is hard to talk about models only at all times.  I would like to second the suggestion of it being placed at the top near the General section though, I feel there is a better chance of it being used there.

#49 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,717 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

I would like to second the suggestion of it being placed at the top near the General section though, I feel there is a better chance of it being used there.

Like Casey said, the section is just a few days old. Let's see how it plays out. I might move it up into General, I might leave it where it is. Give it a few weeks to settle in for everyone and we'll see where we're at then.

BTW... Skip, I did move a couple of the topics you mentioned back into General. And Casey moved the Michael's topic back. So you're 3 for 3! They could have gone either way, but I don't see any problem with them being in General.

#50 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

You can't satisfy everyone, so just satisfy the ones you can.

#51 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,717 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

I think this should satisfy just about everyone.

Now we have a "General" section for general model car and automotive topics only... so those who don't like the really off-topic stuff don't have to wade through it. And we have a separate "Off Topic" area for those of you who do like it.

#52 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

bodypaint.jpg

Almost missed this one....I'm sure those ARE models.....And you could post them in just about all sections I think...MODELS.

#53 CadillacPat

CadillacPat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Full Name:Pat Parker

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Keep the new Off Topic area where it is, out of sight and down at the bottom where it doesn't clutter up the board.

Having the Off Topic area already shows a definite presence of those who only post Off Topic comments and subjects.

It has already cleaned up the site.

CadillacPat

#54 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,717 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

It's staying down there.

#55 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Pat,you make it sound like your a Bond villain or something along the lines of that. :lol:

Edited by Austin T, 12 May 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#56 CadillacPat

CadillacPat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Full Name:Pat Parker

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Pat,you make it sound like your a Bond villain or something along the lines of that. :lol:

Austin I know excatly what Dr. No or No.1 would do.

They would Nip It In The Bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CadillacPat