#21 MyBradKeselowski

MyBradKeselowski

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Foote

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

I did not see anything there that was really worth what the winning bid was except for the Revell trucks.

Now those really did catch my eye.. :rolleyes:

#22 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

There's a couple I'd like to have, but I don't need the whole mess. Besides the wife would have a stroke. The prices per kit, about $15 bucks, not bad, just too much to invest, at least for me.

#23 Nxr

Nxr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Full Name:Eugene Zaets

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

The power boats are pretty cool, didn't know those existed 

#24 kalbert

kalbert

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Full Name:Kyle Kurth

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

It depends... Is there something in there you really want? there must be something in there somebody wants. Value is so ridiculously unpredictable and relative that there's no way anyone could guess on how much this lot is "worth". It all depends on what's in the lot, who wants what's in the lot, and how badly they want it. Somebody might be willing to pay $5k for the lot just to get one kit out of it and sell the rest at $5 each and consider himself a lucky dog. Nothing in there really interests me that much, I probably won't bid. 

#25 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,738 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

I probably won't bid. 

You don't have to. The post is about the price the lot sold for.

#26 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

The lot is sold so obviously it was that valuable to at least two people who ran the bidding up!   I think the price is relative to your tenure in the hobby and your location.  This may be a smokin' deal for a beginner who doesn't have any of the kits, in the middle of Montana, where there is no hobby store and you'd have to buy them one at a time on eBay with postage costs.  Others around the country have local hobby shops, some driving a good distance, where the kits are average $25 each.  So this lot could be like Christmas for these guys.

Then there are those of us who are in areas where there are a lot of clubs, shows and swap meets.  We have access to a lot more and most important, cheap kits!  I'm used to buying kits at $5 to $10 each for my inventory, parts and such.  So not a good deal for those like me!