Model Cars Magazine Forum

31 Nash: way beyond "Rat Fiink" Coupe: new project 5/9/13

John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments........I really do appreciate them.........I hand painted the white walls and painted the front wheels........I used "Pro Tech" valve stems...........I painted the chassis and weathered it ..........I painted the gas tank and applied the decals........I painted and installed the air tank.........I made some links for the 4 link suspention.........I got the air bags installed.........I still need to add a few brackets to the rear suspention ...........and I will add the battery and compressor tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF7933_zps5f62c963.jpg

DSCF7935_zps65eaf964.jpg

DSCF7954_zps47e54cc3.jpg

DSCF7953_zps6d232645.jpg

DSCF7944_zps8f53ef68.jpg

Just spotted this thread and wasn't even paying attention to who the O.P. was. I looked down the pictures in post #1, and thought 'with a paintjob like this it has to be John Teresi...' sure enough!

No slight intended to our other fine builders, it's just that certain builds simply scream out of certain builders. :P

The bags and compressor are classic. All of this is great. It has the wheels turing in my head of what i would like to do on a 32 range car. I dont even like that era of vehicels but i now want to give it a go

All this being said, i must agree. You could sell how to videos. If i dont get the yost set for fathers day, i am going to by them myself.

Could we see a Teresi collection please.

Wow! John! The weathering looks real good! Good to see no "showroomcondition" as always. looks more realistic inmy view. Also the details in the trunk - just perfect.

but, why you hand painted the whitewalls? If its allowed, i show you some pictures, the way i make them:

for whitewalls, i took a circle template with the right diameter...
CIMG130430_026.jpg
...and brushed them in more steps white:
CIMG130430_029.jpg
Here the result:
CIMG130430_030.jpg
"Simple" and effective work, less the 15 minutes and you have and I have a uniform surface I do not got done with brush

;)

Perhaps, a choice for upcoming work?

John... this chassis is off the hook Brother!! I love the weathered look on the chassis. Did you spray it with OSH flat black first? and then what did you use for the weathering? I do have to say that my favorite thing about the chassis is the yellow Air tank. I think it looks killer with all of the decals on it and love how it stands out. And I am picking your brain with the chassis because of my '32 Rad Rod project i started before the Army F/C, I want to go for that weathered look on the chassis like you have here. Looking forward to more updates Brother

Hello.......thank you all very much for your kind comments........I really do appreciate them :) ........I made a battery , and clamps, and a battery tray.........I also made a compressor........I used "Pro Tech": braided line, rubber fuel line,nut and bolt ends, detailing wire and a T` fitting........I also gave everything a light wash.......I am finished with the trunk area........I will work on the engine tomorrow.......thanks for looking.

DSCF7973_zps4e6b2c9c.jpg

DSCF7972_zps9d967c64.jpg

DSCF7971_zps8376a3e6.jpg

DSCF7969_zps1f1cbd79.jpg