Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/24 Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra Twin Build Thread.

BMX Addicts

What is it with you and blue engines?! ;) Looks good as usual.

:lol: Oscar :lol: ....

The blue engine was "the Japanese thing" back in the mid 90's, engines like the B20's were mostly Blue with Red tops (Hondas and Acuras as well).

I also did a little bit of Carbon earlier today to give it a little more detail

photo-18_zpsdb78c943.jpg

:lol: Oscar :lol: ....

The blue engine was "the Japanese thing" back in the mid 90's, engines like the B20's were mostly Blue with Red tops (Hondas and Acuras as well).

I also did a little bit of Carbon earlier today to give it a little more detail

photo-18_zpsdb78c943.jpg

I must have mised that trend. I've seen a few Honda engine blocks painted something other than aluminum. Valve covers have run the gamut of styles from crinkle to small murals. Maybe I was too far in the motorsports end of rice, lol.

I think it was more of a Street Import thing... Back in 2006 I restored a Honda Civic from the ground up, bought two Acura Type R engines in Hong Kong and when they arrived both had Blue blocks with Red V Tech covers... Doing some research on the rebuild most of the photos we could find had blue engines :P

Here:

6_zpsb52288a4.jpg

7-1_zps7dc254e6.jpg

im1shutterfly_zps738523c9.jpeg

A link to the full resto (Including two complete paint jobs), can be seen here

I also felt like doing some Origami :lol:

photo-19_zps407f1726.jpg

photo-20_zps17ac4c4c.jpg

I think even with the primer the finish is going to be too soft, so I will let these dry and see how it works... If not, I will just make the whole thing white.

Edited by BMX Addicts

You guys keep active in other forums?... I remember Custom Mike told me to check this other place "Scale Street, or Avenue... Something".

Oh yeah, I am active on more forums then I have time for :lol:

I am on the forum that Mike is talking about, Scale Avenue, here is the link the to WIP thread I have there

http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4851

Like Jonathan, I am not trying to hijack your build thread but I did tell you I could provide a link to my Supra. It took me a while to find it. This was my 2nd ever 24 hour build. I can give you more details if you like, (about the 24 hour build). Anyhow, it was not painted. I polished out the body. This is how the 24 hour build "Brolin Rule" came to be. The "Brolin Rule" states that all models must be painted. :D

But I digress.

Interestingly you have mentioned other forums. The link happens to be to a board that I am a member of. I am also a Mod. There are a number of people here that are also over there ;) Here it is. http://themadmodeller.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=gen13&action=display&thread=2316

Feel free to check out my other builds on the board. I go by NachoZ there too.

Edited by Nacho Z

The miniature decal marathon.... (Right after I applied the clear, I noticed they are missing a long decal that goes on the rim)... Clear is fresh, so I guess they will have to come after.

photo-25_zps7c2a4d26.jpg

I also finished the undercarriage on both cars, will post pics tomorrow.

Edited by BMX Addicts