#222 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

They did the same thing for the new 2010 Shelby kit as well. White would surely be better, but at least it's not red, or orange like one of the past issues!

#223 brad4321

brad4321

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Lawrence

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

I picked this kit up. I love cars but don't usually enjoy building model cars. I've become a plane and tank guy. So take this into account with my review. Great price I think for what you get. It's not much different than a 1/24 besides size but still. I haven't built a car kit by Revell that I thought was better. But there are plenty of ways to screw it up. My 2nd attempt will be much easier and better. I love large scale stuff so I'll do this again one day. I had to snap the headers off because the engine would not slide in with them on. I'm still not sure i will be able to get the steering thingy in there with the headers on. You should definitely drill holes in the block and distributor to accept the wires. The whole process was very difficult even in doing so. Do not glue the rear piece onto the body before it goes on the chassis. I tried to and failed. I think the interior is wonderful. Love the 2 piece steering wheel. Filling the seam all the way around the seats is a drain though. I made a few other mistakes but if you don't do things out of order, it's no problem. My fault for putting in rear suspension before the exhaust. This resulted in some putty and sanding work after everything was in place. I'm an idiot sometimes and impatient always. Anyway, great kit. Better than I expected but plenty of ways to totally mess this up and have it end up unfinished in the closet in the box.

#224 ImpalaBoy

ImpalaBoy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Full Name:Andrew McVicar

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience with it. I hope you don't think you're out too much money. Always good for spare parts next time around, right? :)  I'm having a blast with this kit so far; it's my first big scale. I'll keep in mind what you said about the headers and see if I can install them after the engine is in. As far as the seats go, I didn't need any putty. I just put a bead of glue all the way around the edge and clamped the halves together with clothespins until it was dry. Once I sanded the seams there was no gap at all. Best of luck on your next attempt! :)

#225 heinz74

heinz74

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Full Name:henry van meer

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

love to see one with the Foose wheels ..does it sit lower?

i'm still waiting for the kits to arrive in Europe..

and about the headers..that's nothing new ,they kind of sucked in the older issues too

#226 brad4321

brad4321

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Lawrence

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

My little review wasn't intended to sound negative.  I'm loving the kit.  Like I said, it exceeded my expectations.  And the fact that I would do it again is testament to it as I rarely want to do one kit more than once.  I made some silly errors that were my fault for not forward thinking.  And I wanted to point out potential pitfalls to others.  Also, the center interior piece that goes around the gear shifter gave me fits.  It fit well until I put the shifter in.  I ended up with a large gap.  Again my fault for not checking the fit with that piece in it.  If you got those seats together gap free with minimal effort, kudos.  I've had about 4 putty and sanding sessions with them, but in the end all ok.  Highly recommended kit in my opinion.  I've built maybe 30 different Revell car kits, and none were better than this kit, again in my opinion. 

#227 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,063 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

I don't remember off hand where the slicks came from

The slicks and deep dish Cragar S/S wheels are from the MPC Shaker Trike kit.

love to see one with the Foose wheels ..does it sit lower?

Not really. The tires, at least the Foose version's front tires, have nearly the same outside diameter as the Goodyear Eagle ST tires included in previous issues, so the ride height is about the same. Using the Foose wheels and tires requires the builder to use the inner half of the 15" wheels up front, so that doesn't look good.

#228 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,063 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Any body else have a problem with missing parts?

Mine was complete with no issues.

#229 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Going to check in the morning!!!!
Thank you for the heads up.
Joe.

#230 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

I checked the sprues of my kit to the extent i could do so without opening the bags. All present and accounted for, including the spindles.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Joe.

#231 Apriliadan

Apriliadan

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Full Name:Dan black

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

I thought the kit was great, very fun, I ordered 2, the top model came, the body was broken, and the right pillar was bent pretty good, I knew I would have no issues once I got the windshield in, that was going to take time but fixable, well the body was saved by the windshield breaking, none of this or the following issues had anything to do with revell, still I had a great time and look forward to the next one, please bring back more 1/12 scale kits like this one.

Attached Files

#232 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts
  • Full Name:Olaf Magnusson Dieter Albert McGuffin Smith...Jr

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

MCG pe set works better ,but costs a little extra

Henry, the MCG set is gorgeous, but it's got one big flaw. If you want to build this (Or the 1/25th scale, since it's the same PE set, just smaller) as a Z/28, you're gonna have a problem. The PE set does not have the 302 scripts for the sides of the cowl on the hood.The Z/28 was only available with the 302, so you'll have to have some decals made if you want a Z/28.

1969_Chevrolet_Z28_Camaro-vi.jpg

#233 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Full Name:James Herald

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

I also have the MCG photoetch kit on order. I hope its as nice as it looks.

#234 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts
  • Full Name:Olaf Magnusson Dieter Albert McGuffin Smith...Jr

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

It's gorgeous James, and it even comes with a clear sheet with the dash and console gauges, so you can really detail it right. The only flaw is the lack of 302 scripts, otherwise, it's perfect! I got mine years ago when I picked up the old Monogram version off of E-Bay, and had Keith Marks make up a set of 302 decals for me. One day I'll actually build it!

I sent the fine folks at Model Car Garage an e-mail about the lack of 302 scripts on the fret, let me know if they're included with yours when you get it!

Edited by Custom Mike, 15 February 2014 - 09:03 AM.

#235 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Full Name:James Herald

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

Im most excited about the console gauges. I plan on working headlights, taillights and dash lights on the Camaro. I should get mine sometime this week.

#236 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

I think they've added an addendum sheet with the 302 on the 1/25th sheet, I don't know if they did with the 1/12th.  Worse comes to worse you just use the 307 with the 2 from 327, the numbers aren't connected to each other

Actually just checked out my 25th scale sheet t, there's no addendum and the numbers are connected, but still wouldn't be too hard to cut and rearrange them, even easier in 12th scale, I'm sure. 

Edited by Brett Barrow, 15 February 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#237 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

you just use the 307 with the 2 from 327

Yup. That seven's barely hangin' on anyway, and ain't nobody building a 307 equipped Sport Coupe anyway.  ^_^

cfd40de8-5fe2-4605-aaf3-272ffad073a7.jpg

Here's the full 1/12 p/e fret, with the added SS396 nameplates:

de9414ad-425a-46d6-bd22-b31042dc6be7.jpg

#238 heinz74

heinz74

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

Yup. That seven's barely hangin' on anyway, and ain't nobody building a 307 equipped Sport Coupe anyway.  ^_^

cfd40de8-5fe2-4605-aaf3-272ffad073a7.jpg

Here's the full 1/12 p/e fret, with the added SS396 nameplates:

de9414ad-425a-46d6-bd22-b31042dc6be7.jpg

i know that,,and yes the detailingkit is great!..no way one could ever drybrush the scripts on the 1/12 example..

i simply called my '69 a 350..cause it's nowhere near stock..

but the 302 badges can be done...the 'master of large scale ,,Hawk 312' did it on all his builds..

#239 heinz74

heinz74

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

the kit's available over here in the Netherlands..retailprice is 65 euros..

#240 89 E24

89 E24

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Full Name:Rick Keen

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

FYI Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but this kit is now available at Hobby Lobby. Picked one up today for $42 (using daily 40% off coupon)