Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 1969 Chevelle Hoods?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, i sure appreciate the information! Seems like the PE set has everything I need, down to the 307 emblems. Gotta think about how to build it though, I think a curbside will be enough work. AMT's '69 Chevelle is such a turd that anything else will turn into a 2 year project... B)

• 3 months later...
Now if I could find a resin bench seat and some PE Malibu emblems to go with that hood, I could build a replica of my '69... That would actually be pretty cool. ;)

For a bench seat, you need a BACK seat from a second kit and some sheet plastic.. On the one, I've done, I added headrests from a '69 Olds 442.

041-vi.jpg

• 1 month later...
I do Tim. e-mail me at

milberry37@hotmail.com

Need one of those myself, but i've tried to send you an e-mail, but didn't get an answer ... didn't even know if you have had the e-mail.. ;)

Humm, never got an e-mail from you, might have got bounced as junkmail.??

Anyway ,, sorry, I don't have any left and unfortunatly one side of my mold ripped on the last casting. I'll let you know if I do any more though.

d'oh ! :D

anyway, it's for a curbside model, the hood will be cemented closed, i only need the visible side to be nice ... hope this is the side you still have ... it is ? :lol:

thank you Steve ! :D

Actually,, it is ,, the "top" side of the mold is still OK, except the cowl vent area is getting a bit rough. I'll try "slush casting" one for you later this evening.

great ! :) thank you ! ;)