Hi Guys, and thanks for your comments.
In answer to some of the questions that have been brought up
My wheels were sort of scratchbuilt from the plastic wheels from the Burago die cast. I removed all the incorrect cross over spokes and maintained the rims only. Plastic card discs were cut out and used as an infill for the backs of the wheels. The conical wheel centres were plunge moulded from plastic card and cemented to the plastic inserts. A dividing head was used to accurately drill the 32 32 16 spoke patterns in the rims and conical wheel centres. Thin stainless steel wire was then used and each spoke fitted individually. I used the Burago tyres as they attempted to follow the Dunlop Racing pattern for the time.
The tension chains were given to me by a model maker friend to stop me going crazy trying to scratch build them. I think that they were from a Revell Ducati motorcycle kit. They are in plastic and make up from individual links. A bit overscale for this model. The Photo Etched Acu Stion ones may be a better option although I have no experience of using them.
As for the carburettors, I simply used bits of plastic card, plastic tubing and plastic rod to make up the assembly. It is a matter of looking at the drawing and try to imagine breaking the main parts down into individual round and square bits.
The linked geared quadrants were cut out of and made from small nylon gear wheels...and yes they were fiddley!
I will try to get some more pictures up as soon as possible.
During the build I took many photos as I went along, and have put a lengthy full build article together. I am thinking of submitting it to the editor of Model Cars magazine, but I am not sure if it would fit in with the magazine's requirements. It would be nice to see all my efforts in print and hopefully may be of benefit to other modellers.