This kit has been sold under various brands; this happens to be the Entex version. It's 1/16 scale, fairly detailed in some ways yet simplified in other ways. My kit had a severe warp on one of the frame rails, which made assembling the model a real pain. The twist is still there, but with everything finished and the fenders installed, it's not obvious unless you look at the model directly from the front or back.
The body and frame were molded in a very bright yellow, but I wanted something more subdued, so I used Rustoleum "Warm Yellow," which is actually sort of a pale pastel yellow:
I replaced the kit's plastic floor boards and dashboard with real wood, stained and varnished. Gauges were paint detailed (since the kit doesn't supply any gauge face decals) and I used clear 5-minute epoxy for the gauge "glass." I didn't like the look of the kit's "brass" parts... it's that mirror-finish brass that looks like brass colored chrome. I wanted the look of natural unpolished brass, so I sprayed every brass part with Testors Transparent Black Window Tint to tone down the brass and give the parts some depth, then sprayed them each with Dullcote, which gave me that unpolished brass look that I wanted. The spotlight is a combination of brass and copper parts, so I brush painted the "copper" parts first, then did the window tint/dull coat routine. I also toned down the look of the car by going with black enamel on the side lights, headlights and tail light (instead of brass):
Detail painting the wheels was a real pain. They're molded all in one piece, but I wanted the rims to be black and the rim clips to be "metal," so I had to paint all of the rims black (both sides of each wheel) and then paint all the rim clips a steel color. These cars came with various different color/pinstipe schemes... on yellow cars a common look was thin black and red pinstripes. At first I figured I'd draw the pinstripes on with fine-tip Sharpies, but after I thought about it a while, I realized that would be impossible. There was no way I could possibly draw the stripes on straight, and if I messed up at all, the Sharpie ink isn't easy to wash off, so I'd have to strip the body part and start all over. So....... I went with an "easy way out." Instead of trying to recreate the very thin dual black and red stripe look, I went with single, wide black stripes. I created all the stripes by masking the body panels with Scotch tape, and cutting the stripe shapes freehand with an X-acto. It wasn't easy to get the stripes perfect cutting the mask by hand, but I think I did pretty well:
The engine was detailed with paint, but is otherwise pretty much out of the box (except for scratchbuilt spark plugs to replace the "stubs" on the kit parts. The seats were painted with acrylic craft paint in a custom mixed red color, then sprayed with that same black transparent window tint to tone down the color and give the seats some depth.... then a black wash to emphasize the seams. I also added the brass "snaps" on the sides of the seats by driling out the seat sides and inserting tiny brass nails (actually nails for planking a hull left over from a wooden ship kit). I also used these brass nails throughout the model to simulate bold heads where they were missing from the kit parts, like the steering column escutcheon plate on the dashboard, the mounting brackets for the side lamps, etc.: