Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after a quick Google image search, it at least appears to me that the CH, Granite, Titan, and even the Pinnacle all share the same basic cab.

Titan:

mack_truck_titan_large_zps2cbec545.jpg

Granite:

2007_MACK_GRANITE_CV713_TRI-A_DUMP_TRUCK

CH613:

2005-mack-ch613_78222_zps84896f74.jpg

Pinnacle:

Mack-pinnacle_7d577_zpse6d5da01.jpg

Maybe Eric will possibly be able to find a way to offer all of them, since it would basically be hoods he'd have to get masters of.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, after a quick Google image search, it at least appears to me that the CH, Granite, Titan, and even the Pinnacle all share the same basic cab.

Titan:

mack_truck_titan_large_zps2cbec545.jpg

Granite:

2007_MACK_GRANITE_CV713_TRI-A_DUMP_TRUCK

CH613:

2005-mack-ch613_78222_zps84896f74.jpg

Pinnacle:

Mack-pinnacle_7d577_zpse6d5da01.jpg

Maybe Eric will possibly be able to find a way to offer all of them, since it would basically be hoods he'd have to get masters of.

Yes they do all share the same 25+ year old all steel welded cab. One of the best in the industry, but like everything else Volvo gets there hands on, this too will soon be a distant memory and fall in line for what Mack trucks used to be.

As for converting a CH hood into a Granite, why? it is completely different & would be much simpler to work from a clean slate. I suspect if one is done, it will be the set forward axle, late model version with the larger grille opening. But for accuracy, if the current / late model version is offered then so should the MP-8 engine & all of the supporting EGR-DPF-SCR emissions must be included for accuracy.

Ap40

Rick,

You're the "Mack Guy", you'd know!

Thanks brother!

If i were to pattern up & cast a new hood for the CL cab, I would do the Vision (CXU) set back front axle & one of the most popular units for OTR, LTL, TL, common carriers and so on. Day cab, sleeper, fairings, the whole lot.

JMO

Ap40

Hopefully Moebius does a Mack. Maybe they are following ERTL when they first started doing model trucks they did an international first also.

Ben

ertl didn't design the macks, mpc did.Well ertl did design the pos rubber duck kit

Id love a titan kit

Edited by mistermodel