Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just sprayed some One Coat metallic lime green...

... and it looks like I've been visiting the local "adult entertainment" club because I have metal flake all over me!

Next time, point the nozzle toward the model and save your $1.00 bills for more paint.

In all seriousness, many of the colors in this line are beautiful, but I despise the size and amount of flake Testors dumped into some of them & as such won't use them.

Edited by Monty

Sounds cool for a '70s custom van, though. Are all their metal flakes like this, or only lime?

All the colors are, some dont seem as bad others

The A M C Silver metallic is pretty sparkly ................

Made that mistake as and used that one too

Sounds cool for a '70s custom van, though. Are all their metal flakes like this, or only lime?

From what I've seen on this & other hobby boards, the heavy flake issue seems to be a random issue within the Testors One Coat lacquers*. For instance, the Inca Gold and Mystic Emerald are fantastic colors, while IMNSHO, the flake kind of overwhelms the color on Diamond Dust, Graphite Dust and Star-Spangled Blue.

If they could get the flake size down like Tamiya, I'd be thrilled.

*Old-style Testors metalflake enamels were usually listed as such so you generally knew what you were buying.

From what I've seen on this & other hobby boards, the heavy flake issue seems to be a random issue within the Testors One Coat lacquers*. For instance, the Inca Gold and Mystic Emerald are fantastic colors, while IMNSHO, the flake kind of overwhelms the color on Diamond Dust, Graphite Dust and Star-Spangled Blue.

If they could get the flake size down like Tamiya, I'd be thrilled.

*Old-style Testors metalflake enamels were usually listed as such so you generally knew what you were buying.

I like the Graphite dust, to me, the flakes dont seem to be to big in that one , well at least not the cans I have used