#1 txdieseldog

txdieseldog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Full Name:Barry Bond

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

Got a decent score at Hobby Lobby yesterday. Daughter works there, so I know everyone in charge. (I helped her get the job) They had an opened Freight shaker. The manager marked it down to $13 for me and then got another 15% with daughters employee disc. Bought a $5 metal sign with it and walked out the door for $16. If the manager and I would have looked at things closer, I probably could have gotten it even cheaper. It had a couple of things glued but all popped loose when I got it home. Now, the tell me what you think part?????? I have a DD stretched with a DROM box. I have a DD going stock. Was thinking of a long frame day cab for this one. Any input? Pics will follow as soon as the plan is finalized.

#2 redneckrodder

redneckrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Full Name:james gilpin

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

sounds interesting went to hobby lobby today too  didn't buy nuthin going Friday when I have a bit more money and  getting a diamond reo

one quick question though does your hobby lobby sell semi trailers mine doesn't has everything else but no semi trailers :wacko:  :wacko:

#3 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Stretch it Baby, stretch it.....I'd love to see a drom on it....

And, for some reason, Hobby Lobby doesn't carry trailers at all.....I've been to all 6 Hobby Lobbys within my influence and haven't seen anything in about 10 years...Not sure why....

#4 txdieseldog

txdieseldog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

If I put a drom on that one too, JT, it would be a flat. Already building one with a box. The older one is a bedbug hauler. Gonna have to do repairs on that one though. I like the idea of a day cab stretched with a flat bed drom though.

#5 txdieseldog

txdieseldog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Sorry James, same goes here as with JT, haven't seen any trailers at all. 

#6 mackinac359

mackinac359

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Ahlborn

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

If you go drom-box you might consider the popular-in-the-70's to have the exhaust recessed into the cab corners to allow clearance behind the cab.

Tim