Bench seat interior for AMT '72 Chevy and GMC pickups?

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,644 posts
  • Full Name:^^^^

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Just wondered if there were any out there- any help appreciated. I'd just like to know before I start modifying the kit bucket seat tub. :rolleyes:

#2 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

I know a bench seat was never offered in kit form and I don't recall ever having seen one in resin. A good start for making one rather than trying to modify the molded-in buckets would be the rear seat from a Blazer/Jimmy kit, perhaps? Should be pretty easy to cut in the middle and widen appropriately.

#3 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

I've seen one, perhaps on ebay. Have no idea who did it, and whether its a "professional" resin caster, or just some guy doing a few extras for sale. It IS out there.........

#4 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,644 posts
  • Full Name:^^^^

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

I know a bench seat was never offered in kit form and I don't recall ever having seen one in resin. A good start for making one rather than trying to modify the molded-in buckets would be the rear seat from a Blazer/Jimmy kit, perhaps? Should be pretty easy to cut in the middle and widen appropriately.

Kind of what I figured I'd need to do- find a suitable bench and cut the tub accordingly.  Thanks for the info guys!

#5 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,872 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

IF you DON'T wanna try makein yer own, Chuck(yeah NOT likely,knowin you!) Cuzzin Al overt Ma's Resins sell a REALLY nicely cast 69 Toronado Bench seat. It was called the Strato-Back bench seat, it's a Bench seat, with individual bucket seat backs and a center armrest. they were standard on the Toro's and REALLY look NICE!

#6 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,621 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

A few bench seat options for ya...

MVC003F-vi.jpg

This is actually the bench seat that comes in the Revell '66 Chevelle wagon kit. I recut the seat pattern, cut the rear seat divider (you'd want it as a one piece back in a pickup) and added the headrests.

MVC003F-1-vi.jpg

Interior from the Model King release of the AMT '79 Ford pickup kit

DSC00232-vi.jpg

Bench seat from the AMT 1970 Impala kit that I used in the '65 Chevy pickup kit.  That kit also has it's own bench seat. Perhaps you could build up an interior for your '72 using the back wall and seat from the '65 kit.

#7 john sharisky

john sharisky

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Full Name:John Sharisky

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

The Modelhaus offers the bench seat from the MPC '72 Impala separately.

John