#21 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Full Name:bob leverington

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Thank you my friend I have those plus the original van from hot rod mag when they where being built the new inside is awsome you should see it in the dark even better heres a picture Attached File  photo-4-650x487.jpg   81.18KB   0 downloadsAttached File  HOT-ROD-HOMECOMING-2013-096-650x433.jpg   64.46KB   0 downloadsAttached File  HOT-ROD-HOMECOMING-2013-097-650x433.jpg   79.41KB   0 downloads

Edited by b_lever1, 24 July 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#22 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

The kitAttached File  Picture 242.jpg   169.64KB   0 downloads  Got her opened up man you can tell this is an old kit they did do a fairly good job on bringing  it back. More flash than I remember and very thin plastic started clean up and cut side door out.More to come haveing good time working on it and listen to galaxy reliving the 70's

#23 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

I might get on this van build, vans are my favorite builds, look at my signature theres a link of a van site, vans never went anywhere, they have always been here, there even a magazine still being produced. I belong to Lighthouse vanners.

#24 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

I might get on this van build, vans are my favorite builds, look at my signature theres a link of a van site, vans never went anywhere, they have always been here, there even a magazine still being produced. I belong to Lighthouse vanners.

Yup I'm into that have it on facebook.Have ti look up Lighthouse vanners. Join in it's free

#25 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Full Name:frank russell matrau jr

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Rethinking things frank how far along are you jion in anyways anything goes new old what ever just make a 70's style

Everybody okay with this

mine is actually an original phantom ford econoline gluebomb <_<

Edited by knarf, 26 July 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#26 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Full Name:frank russell matrau jr

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

As Lazlow did he told us how and what he is building.Spent 3days try to get to the hobby shop here for me the closest one is an hour drive away here is my build. Picked up the AMT Phantom not my first choice,but I started this build needed a kit.On my way home today was thinking how to build or what to build from this kit??? then a flash of lighting

(driving home in rainstorm) the Denim Machine some of you may remember this van Coca cola levi's ford and hot rod mag built a bunch of these to give away in the 70's so in 3.5 hours I'll open it up and get started heres some pictures attachicon.gifphoto-11-650x487.jpgattachicon.gifHOT-ROD-HOMECOMING-2013-095-650x433.jpgattachicon.gifHOT-ROD-HOMECOMING-2013-097-650x433.jpg This van brings back alot of memories plus there is one of these about a hour and half from my place time to find the owner and become his best friend lol

i remember readin all the articles when these were built and im a coke fan...i will be watchin this one :D

#27 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

They used to call me coke at work when I was younger because I drank so much of it, guess thats why I'm diabetic! I to am a very big coke fan I have my old mags on the build from hot rod mag  my build will be fashioned from the old van not the redone one very different   will post some pictures this weekend.

#28 Gothic Kustomz

Gothic Kustomz

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Gasca

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'm in, going with this:

Dream Weaver,

100_0616.jpg

#29 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Go for it  Michael! I remember that kit as the Califofnia Crusier by Car Craft mag it's a perfect kit to start looking forward to this build

Edited by b_lever1, 28 July 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#30 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Got some things done on the Denimachine model. Got the side door opened and stiffened up Attached File  Picture 303.jpg   48.19KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Picture 304.jpg   95.26KB   0 downloads and started the hood mods and first round of bodywork going Attached File  Picture 307.jpg   161.04KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Picture 311.jpg   155.64KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Picture 311.jpg   155.64KB   0 downloads Got frame cleaned up thinking about full detail on the frame ,engine etc.They are going to be hard to see now just have to get Wife to get better camera any ideas on that.

Any comments good or bad welcome

#31 crowe-t

crowe-t

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Full Name:Michael

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Bob,  You are making some great progress on this.  This generation Ford Econoline was always my favorite van  I do miss all the cool custom vans of the '70's.

#32 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Bob,  You are making some great progress on this.  This generation Ford Econoline was always my favorite van  I do miss all the cool custom vans of the '70's.

Thank you! I miss those cool old vans also Wife and I are going to rebuild our old 66a100 some day we still have that old girl even after 35 years and the same girl 5 kids later

#33 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Got somethings done today(day off have the flu) rear doors opened just have to hinge them and trying to figure out how to make a slider for the side door. Going to start on the inside tonight or the frame ? don't know having a cold makes it very hard to think.posting pic's later

#34 lazlow

lazlow

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Full Name:Lazlow Scarbrow

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

WHINE TIME.

This here is a update and some whining (sorry) about the kit AKA the "Kiss van". Well I finally got started this week end. Had some issues with missing parts, this kit was open when I got it and some of the smaller parts are missing, I have been trying to build it box stock, but I think that is out now. One of the frame rails was missing and one of them came short of holding THE MYSTERIOUS HATCH in the middle of the floor, (why would they do that, just a random 1x2inch hole in the floor) I had to make new ones out of styrene, came out pretty good once painted you should not be able to tell the deference.  Also I missing one of the rear shocks, I put a beg out in the wanted section. If I can get that I think I can make it all look box stock, if not it look good setting on my shelf.

As for the poor made kit, AMT did not put mounting holes for the front shocks to the frame and glossed over that in the directions. The tie rod was just supposed to glue to the top of the king pin’s, I drilled those and it finally lined up, So I took that opportunity to cut the wheels to the left to give it a better look like in the magazines instead of straight on. Mold marks every where. And that hatch thing with the cross members that didn't hold it as intended.

Well I will quit my whining now (again sorry) I think when I am done with this I will build another one the way I think the kit should of been built in Black with the Cragers and the side pipes it came with( who doesn't use side pipes in the 70"s), all box stock just better choices of how to use the parts it came with.

Laz

UPDATE Thanks to gray07 I now have the shock on the way big thanks Darrin

DSC00935_zpsd6610e10.jpg

DSC00936_zps0593ced5.jpg

38a79c71-7c2a-4278-a5ff-1f940e4506cb_zps

Edited by lazlow, 29 July 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#35 lazlow

lazlow

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Full Name:Lazlow Scarbrow

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hay b_lever1

I was looking at the wanted section and saw yours, looks like some one is asking if you got those wheels on the 22end,

didn't look like you got the post.

Laz

#36 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

No I didn't . Looks like your making progess even with the mistakes AMT made

#37 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,050 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

Any of you van builders need any windows ? I have these that I will never use. 2 sets, clear and very dark tint. PM me if you want them.

vanwindows001_zpsb2c71f24.jpg

#38 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,050 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

Windows spoken for.

#39 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Have bad cold to slow

#40 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hay b_lever1

I was looking at the wanted section and saw yours, looks like some one is asking if you got those wheels on the 22end,

didn't look like you got the post.

Laz

The van when it was built had the same wheels the kit comes with but I going to be building more vans to boot