Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ancient history Porsche 911 Turbo woody wagon

Russell C

For those wondering about my avatar pic, that's the 911 Porsche Turbo woody wagon I built back in 1992.

It's just a curbside, mostly Fujimi-based with corrections made to the rear fender openings with help from a Revell slantnose kit. Wish I could remember which kit provided the Dunlop tires, I could use another set for a current unrelated project.......

The wood is nothing more than a cut-up magazine photo of the wood in somebody's cherrywood bar. The roof is a narrowed portion of a Monogram '39 Chevy Sedan delivery. To see if what I had in my mind's eye, I first did up a drawing of it using tracings out of a Porsche brochure.

1661947330_911TurboWoodieWagon2.jpg.3a8afc05fb67eb7cfa3032b76bd99c51.jpg

254024452_911TurboWoodieWagon3.jpg.2788a29114196821b842ebc2609eeedb.jpg

860488606_911TurboWoodieWagondrawing.JPG.7e8cf2c753ed615d3425cfd655045bde.JPG

Edited by Russell C
got better photo links, added drawing
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2013 at 1:12 AM, Dominik said:

That is awesome! What was your intention, to build it? A real custom perhaps?

Yes, actually, to entice folks to build a full size one. Alas, the fates have instead been not so generous with me ever since, where the lack of money never allowed me to pursue such ideas. I also thought my BMW Cadillac combo was a viable full size project (perhaps on a less collectible Caddy coupe with the roof sawed off), along with a full-sized altered Lambo kit car based on my Chrysler 300 / Countach which had its 15 minutes of fame on the cover of Model Car Journal in 1994.

modelcarjournal-106.JPG

Edited by Russell C
fixed busted thread link