#1 Gregg

Gregg

da Big Kahuna

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,435 posts
  • Full Name:Gregg Hutchings

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

I had mentioned this before, but I'll cover it again.

The forum/web site was moved to a completely new server, and as such, everything has changed, from the mail servers, to the site certificates, cookies, etc.

What this means is no, you don't have to sign in again, create a new account, or what not.

You probably have to clear your cookies, and then accept the new ones when they are provided.

If you use blocking software, you will have to add modelcarsmag.com to your safe or whitelist.

This also goes for your email.

You may not be getting email notifications now from the forum, or so you think.

They are probably now filtered by your email, IP, hosting provider, or other such spam, cookie, or other filtering program.

You will need to check your SPAM, Junk Mail, or other such area in either your email program, or if you use a web-based email system/program, check the SPAM/Junk Mail/Bulk Mail folders for the emails from the forum/web site, and then add those to your "safe" or trusted emails/web sites.

The certificate for the forum/web site has changed, and it needs, or your computer needs, to know that it's from a legitimate source, again.

I have put the required/requested processes in place to have the rdns and other mail protocols set up to accept the new server as a good/trusted one.

They said it would take 24-48 hours, and that was a couple of days ago, so hopefully it should all be working now.

If this all sounds greek, or geek, to you, don't worry, it's worse to me....

I am learning along the way, and with David's patience with me, we are getting things done.

It's a really good learning experience, and it's been pretty neat to learn how this thing actually works behind the scenes.

I give a huge hat's off to all you computer IT guys that are laughing at me now, I never had any idea of the brain cells needed to do what you guys do.

So, check your SPAM/JUNK/Bulk Mail folders, and see if the emails are there.

You may have to dwell deeper in your settings if the emails still don't come through.

I do get the email notifications, so I know it works on my end, on a Mac.

For a PC, I'm lost....

#2 southpier

southpier

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts
  • Full Name:joe smythe

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

I think it runs more better now

#3 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,539 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

I have had no problems yet Greg. Thank you for what you do...

#4 PappyD340

PappyD340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Full Name:Larry Dailey

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

No problems here either, THANKS! Greg to you and the whole MCM team for making this possible!! :D 

#5 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,334 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thanks Gregg! The board is running much faster now.  Thanks for all your efforts in bringing (and keeping!) this vital service to the hobby!

#6 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

I did the cookie that Gregg suggested and I'm up and running with email notifications.  I just love it when a plan comes together. 

Thank you so much, Gregg, for keeping the most bestest model forum running.  (Does that help with getting an MCM gold watch?)

#7 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy Jon

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Great forum, Nice people of the scale model community, Sad that forum had that problem, but seems all in tip-top, ship-shape & bristol-fashion now!  :)

#8 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Jim

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Gregg, you know man.. you cut the down time very very close with me LOL. To be honest, that other site with this one being down for over 10 days got to me and called me in to where I registered over there and left a post at! Next day something told me to check this site back out to find out the forum just came back up that morning. That was a very close call for me. I'm still going through my settings on here yet. This new forum platform you guys are on now is alot better. You won't hear me complaining to much. I don't need notices as I get on here on a daily basic to check things out. Keep up the great work there my friend. 

#9 hack-n-whack

hack-n-whack

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Full Name:Thomas A. Buda

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Nothing in my junk or deleted files here but what I thought was (IS) spam and junk mail! I'm looking forward to some new e-mail activity now. Hope it's good stuff.

#10 stang_crazy

stang_crazy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Davis

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

I wasn't sure where to ask this or who to ask. Im having problems with the site all the sudden. If I make a post and click the post button nothing happens. I have to click the more reply options and hit the add reply button from there. well then if I wanna go back and edit the post it'll let me choose edit but when I get to the part where I can edit and do what I need to do and click submit it just keeps giving me some error. so there for im unable to edit anything. any ideas??? Mike

Edited by stang_crazy, 28 July 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#11 stang_crazy

stang_crazy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Davis

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Delete.

Edited by stang_crazy, 28 July 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#12 w451973

w451973

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Full Name:Dennis Gregory

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

I've been getting error messages on some of the posts. I've emailed the provided link twice and still have not heard back yet.