#23 Trailking120

Trailking120

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Full Name:Justin

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

Nice reffer detail.  Great job on the Ford too. B)

#24 1959scudetto

1959scudetto

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:Helmut Müllner

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Great, Russell - especially when I think what you used as a starting point.

I don't like the look of the ChevyTitan/GMC Astro anyway, and the KFS resin is way out of reach, but your CL 9000...

gives me some ideas...

#25 Russell C

Russell C

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Full Name:Russell Cook

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

...the ChevyTitan/GMC Astro ...gives me some ideas...

The biggest mod was to fill in the bottom edge of the windshield opening. The center section of the bumper was flat plastic sheet, while each end was bare metal foil covered modified ends of the Astro bumpers. All 'eyeball engineered' rather than by using real measurements, so one could perhaps get side & front views of both where you could overlay the printouts and see more accurately where they differ... The bigger chore was using the Astro dash as the basis for the new one, where I used sheet plastic and rather uncooperative cardboard to form the new dash pods. I might be able to dredge up the bottomside photo of the dash later.

#26 1959scudetto

1959scudetto

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:Helmut Müllner

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

The biggest mod was to fill in the bottom edge of the windshield opening. The center section of the bumper was flat plastic sheet, while each end was bare metal foil covered modified ends of the Astro bumpers. All 'eyeball engineered' rather than by using real measurements, so one could perhaps get side & front views of both where you could overlay the printouts and see more accurately where they differ... The bigger chore was using the Astro dash as the basis for the new one, where I used sheet plastic and rather uncooperative cardboard to form the new dash pods. I might be able to dredge up the bottomside photo of the dash later.

I think of using/modifying the grill, bumper and sun visor of Italeri's Ford LTL 9000 for this Coe in addition to modifying the Astro cab as you did back then.