#21 mitchell

mitchell

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Full Name:Mitchell Huang

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

this is low version with only the tamiya PE. But i normally don't like to use that much PE. But with this one, i might need to get a extra aftermarket PE just for the dash and seat control details. Decals was ok in my opinion, but those metal transfer drove me crazy too. 

#22 geetee66

geetee66

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Nice job on the Aston, Mitchell!

I've seen plenty of these in London and yours sits just right. Your decision to change the tyres really paid-off. It looks very convincing.

Looks like you had much better luck with the red paint. Very nice work.

#23 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

went outdoor and took some picture of this car. This one is how I treated the carbon brake disc. I did not want to use a PE brake disc because it fits a cast iron disc better. With some metallic grey paint and and soot smeared on it, it look more like a real carbon disc under use. Not shown on the picture, but i did drill the vents on the middle of the disc. 

Did you paint it black, then the metallic gray, or just mettallic grey with the soot weathering?

#24 mitchell

mitchell

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Full Name:Mitchell Huang

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

the brake disc surface is just hand painted metallic Grey then weathered with a bit of silver and soot. hand painted the center black and highlight the bolts with silver. Also drill the vents on the brake surface. In my opinion, it looks more like carbon disc with this method than PE parts.

#25 Pat Minarick

Pat Minarick

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Full Name:Pat Minarick

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Very clean build !