#22 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

The mention of interior colors brings me to a question I ran into with some fiddling around I was doing with my '60. 

What were the interior colors available on the 1960-66 trucks? I tried a little online research and didn't get very far. Does anyone have information?

Charlie Larkin

#23 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

http://www.gmheritag...rolet-Truck.pdf Check page 115. Also, see here http://pc.dupont.com...g&mode=fullscrn for the "silver" that is specified, Duco code 94162, and here http://pc.dupont.com...g&mode=fullscrn for "charcoal" Duco code 73605.

Edited by Longbox55, 14 October 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#24 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for all the information.  I do love this kit and plan on building more.  I recently noticed that all the kits I had in my stash were the fleetside versions and I didn't have a step side.  I saw one at a show and grabbed it so I want to build a step side next!

I'm very pleased with the way mine came out:

IMG_2123-vi.jpg

#25 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Tom I really like that

#26 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Tom, You're "Pinch Waist Chevrolet needs a special award on account of where the rusted panels . Seriously , In the years I have had to work on these trucks , seldom do I see someone who has ever taken the time to do enough research and put the damage where it belongs . You seem to have taken an actual truck from this era and studied it , CAREFULLY .

#27 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Tom I really like that

Tom, You're "Pinch Waist Chevrolet needs a special award on account of where the rusted panels . Seriously , In the years I have had to work on these trucks , seldom do I see someone who has ever taken the time to do enough research and put the damage where it belongs . You seem to have taken an actual truck from this era and studied it , CAREFULLY .

Thanks guys!  Ed, yes I do research my rust and damage... with a passion!  It drives me nuts when I see model beaters with rust in places no vehicle would ever rust, while the real rust out areas are left pristine!