#1 Miatatom

Miatatom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Shirley

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

The job goes easier when you've got the right tool. Some of you might not need something like this but when your hands aren't as steady as they used to be, it makes some accurately applying glue much easier.

I read a suggestion here that using insulin syringes was a good way to apply small amounts of glue. I tried that and while it does work well, sometimes the plunger would stick a little and then I'd wind up with more glue than I needed. I gave it a little thought and here's what I came up with.

I took a couple of old dzus fasteners and flattened them out. You don't have to use them but I had some already. You can pick them up at a race shop. Guys that race go through them, especially if they race dirt. A small washer was epoxied to one fastener to hold the syringe since the opening in a dzus fastener is too large. A nut was epoxied to the other fastener which serves to hold a fine thread bolt. A couple of small screws and some plastic tubing made the parts that hold it all together.

Disassembled.

Attached File  1.jpg   30.19KB   6 downloads

The syringe in placed in the holder.

Attached File  2.jpg   27.77KB   3 downloads

The syringe is ready to be filled.

Attached File  3.jpg   25.54KB   3 downloads

The syringe is loaded and ready. Just hold the device with one hand and screw the bolt in with the other.

Attached File  4.jpg   33.43KB   2 downloads

Took a little time to decide how to make it and put it together but I've already used to once and it works great. Naturally you can't used glue that's too thick in it.

#2 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

impressive resolution. 

#3 wilderness1989

wilderness1989

MCM Regular