#21 TedsModeling

TedsModeling

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Ted Bowe

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

I agree with everyone that the video needs to be concise.  I have a channel also, showing how-to's, and each video is getting shorter and quicker to the point.  For the new videoographers(?), look it at like a science project. State the objective first, show the steps to reach the objective and then summarize it. Don't waste time giving part numbers or web addresses because you can edit the video within YouTube to display those items in text on the screen, just where you mention it.

I love to see each person's 'secret' tips on how they do something to make it quicker or easier to build their models.

#22 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

Thanks, Deron.  I think it's forums like this one and possibly an ever-widening YOUTUBE model building community that is going to inspire future generations.  I think it's both thrilling and spooky to think that those videos (and all these posts) will be around long after we are gone.  Hope they serve to keep people building models and miniatures.

#23 hpiguy

hpiguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Phillips

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

I got into Doc's videos by dumb luck searching kit reviews and subscribed when I got back into styrene this past year. I even subscribed to his magazine and bought a shirt to help out because I like the video style and the entertainment while teaching me new techiniques.

Another favorite of mine is ClassicPlastic101. He has amazing talent for any type of model. Cars, sci fi, figures, he can do it all, and does it all well. He doesn't compete with his models according to him, but if he did, he'd take home a lot of trophies. He's also very personable and takes time to talk to people on his FB page and help everyone else out.

The channels I watch most are the ones where the modeler interacts with the viewers. Doc replies to things, Chris of ClassicPlastic101 replies and talks.  If they just post videos to see their own stuff online and read compliments, I stop watching after a bit.

#24 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

Thanks, Chris.  Yes, you are right, many of the channels I subscribe to involve the builder interacting directly with their audience.