Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Corvette Gasser

chris coffey

this is an origional AMT 1960 corvette 6 in 1 kit. I really liked the "gasser" look they had on the box, so i took mine a little further into a rip snort gasser. I cut the front suspension clean off, and fitted a nose high gasser front end from the 40 willys kit from AMT. I then moved to the back, raised it a little and fitted the ladder bars from the smae kit on the rear. The Cragers and skinny slicks are parts box. The motor is a little insane, it is the (olds??) from the AMT 40 willys kit, with a plumbed hilborn injectors from some other kit (darn my feeble mind!) The paint is HOK Gamma gold, with 3 coats of Kandy Rootbeer for the main body, and 2 coats of Cinnamon pearl in the side coves. I was really trying to go for period piece, somewhere in the late 1960's-mid 1970's. Other then a really warped body, this car came out fairly decent! Chris Coffey, Spokane WA

thank you so much for re-sizing it Bill!! once again, i sincerely applogize for the humungusness of my pictures, i am trying to learn how to shrink them. I am still reletively computer illiterate, and i need to work on getting them a little smaller. and thank you for the compliment, too!! Chris Coffey, Spokane, WA :P

I still haven't figured out how to resize my pics yet. :P What I did to offset it a little, was turn down the resolution on my camera. That was really easy to do with a simple setting change. You don't have to turn it down all the way; just a bit.

Also, this website will resize them for you if you get a photo account with fotki or Photobucket.

Just a couple solutions for you. :)

Oh yeah, ######, I forgot to say: Nice gasser! :unsure: I do like the color you picked and how it looks on the car.

Edited by dub