Dinky Toys 25-Pounder Gift Set; great blast from the past!

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Faust

Faust

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Rehorn

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

I am not really an armour modeller, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like tanks and trucks and all those other great things that actually hold ground in a conflict!  I also love old stuff, especially if it’s military-related. That’s why I am pretty lucky that I recently came into some old Military Dinky Toys!

I’m going to start posting some photos and write ups about them on my site The Sprue Lagoon.  The first I have up for those who are interested in old armour replicas and so forth is the 25-Pounder Field Gun Set. This is a pretty awesome piece of work, especially when you consider it’s from 1958!

Fire up the time machine and check it out!

artillery-set-34.jpg?w=640

#2 peekay

peekay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Full Name:Peter Kennedy

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

I had something similar back then and it had a spring-loaded firing mechanism with plastic shells.

#3 nts

nts

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

That set is in my collection too, very nice built and the quality is as always good when its a old Dinky  :)

Torgny / Sweden

#4 Faust

Faust

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Rehorn

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, it's a great piece. I really do like the fact that they went and made a cool custom box for it and everything. 

I still think that Dinkys prove that making good quality, heavy-duty toys is something of a lost art. There's no light and sound, no internet interface, but that gun set would have been tons of fun for a kid!