#21 Scott - Elm City Hobbies

Scott - Elm City Hobbies

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Millican

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

They are also doing a McLaren F1 GTR as well, which I think was either a little farther along that this Lambo, or at about the same development stage. Can't wait for both of them! Their Aventador is gorgeous!

#22 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

They are also doing a McLaren F1 GTR as well, which I think was either a little farther along that this Lambo, or at about the same development stage. Can't wait for both of them! Their Aventador is gorgeous!

The McLaren is still in tooling mock-up stages, the Lambo which was started before - but just recently announced is in it's first round of actual plastic test-shots as seen back a few posts in this thread.  The Lambo is tentatively scheduled for October, and the McLaren for Christmas, but a bunch of their "Summer Releases" have been back-sliding into the fall as well, so time will tell.

Edited by niteowl7710, 17 August 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#23 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

I wonder about the regular McLaren F1 release...it was scheduled for August...HLJ is still showing it as August (I have one on preorder).

#24 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

Guys...which of these kits have actual, stand-alone separate engine castings in them (not the cop-out approach Tamiya took with their Aston Martin kit - not that I feel strongly about that or anything :))  And of the ones with "real" engines....what is a good place to buy them on line if my favorite local model store (the Hobby Cave, in Ypsilanti, Michigan) doesn't have them in stock?  

Thanks..TIM

Edited by tim boyd, 18 August 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#25 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

For anything

Guys...which of these kits have actual, stand-alone separate engine castings in them (not the cop-out approach Tamiya took with their Aston Martin kit - not that I feel strongly about that or anything :))  And of the ones with "real" engines....what is a good place to buy them on line if my favorite local model store (the Hobby Cave, in Ypsilanti, Michigan) doesn't have them in stock?  

Thanks..TIM

Hobby Link Japan (www.hlj.com) and Hobby Search (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/car/) are good sources for Japanese kits..HLJ is my main supplier for Aoshima, Fujimi, etc kits..

#26 CJ1971

CJ1971

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Full Name:Jack Johnson

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

I can tell you there will be 2 versions of the Murceilago. The stock version & the kitted 81 version. Both will have full engine detail & as with their Aventador, they will have a PE set sold separately. The stock version is due out first, around late October & will be followed by the 81 version. F1, as stated is due later in the year.

#27 CJ1971

CJ1971

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Here's a pic of the 1:1 81 version...
null_zpsfbb2ae80.jpg

#28 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

I can tell you there will be 2 versions of the Murceilago. The stock version & the kitted 81 version. Both will have full engine detail & as with their Aventador, they will have a PE set sold separately. The stock version is due out first, around late October & will be followed by the 81 version. F1, as stated is due later in the year.

So far from the photos Aoshima had shown it's going to have an engine more in line with a hybrid of the export version of the Aventador, a "tub" engine bay with just the top end pieces separate, and a separate engine "bottom" insert that fits into the chassis pan.

For those people who require an actual engine with all the requisite pieces, this will again be seen as an epic disappointment if the whining that occured over the 86/FR-S & BRZ engines not having an oil pan therefore rendering them useless and a waste to the hobby is any indication.

Edited by niteowl7710, 18 August 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#29 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

If it is ture about the LB version, I will be getting that one as well,  I know 81 did the resin transkit, and Thomas did a great job, I just can bring myself to pay the asking price,  that is what's stopping me from buying the his R35 Ben Sopra kit, and I really want that one , maybe I will buy it for myself for Christmas

Tim,  you wont find to many Japanese kits with "full" engine detail, I guess you could say what 95% of the engines are top only detail, which, for me, is better then nothing.   I can see the point for some , as with all newer cars, about the only thing you can see is the oil pan, and then when you factor in supercars , that have one piece bodys, it sort of makes sense for them not doing "full" engines, but again, it does suck, I agree.

#30 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

81?  

#31 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

81?  

https://www.facebook...ctory81?fref=ts

http://www.eightyone81.com/

#32 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Coming soon from Aoshima, scheduled to be release in Oct, is the LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO LP670-4 SUPERVELOCE

#33 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Definitely can't wait to see any one of them....

#34 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

About a couple of test shots of two built ups , please not that the wheel and tires on both are not included

1385484_690247014319201_2126200360_n_zps

1384226_690247240985845_1479809271_n_zps

#35 CJ1971

CJ1971

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

This kit is now due for 1st week of Feb' 2014 release....

#36 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Coming soon

10261957b_zpsc914a3f8.jpg

#37 CJ1971

CJ1971

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:42 AM

The stock SV is shipping out of Aoshima HQ as I write this.... Should be in LHSs very shortly... I'd say Hobby Search /HLJ will have them within 24-48hrs.
Cliffo

Coming soon
Posted Image

Looking at April for the R-SV version... There will be 2 versions/liveries ;-) They're ( Aoshima ) actually releasing them internationally first. Japan won't have them until after June/July... :-)

#38 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

The stock SV is shipping out of Aoshima HQ as I write this.... Should be in LHSs very shortly... I'd say Hobby Search /HLJ will have them within 24-48hrs.
Cliffo

I knew they were shipping out this week, just waiting on my payment email

#39 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

I knew they were shipping out this week, just waiting on my payment email

Yeah, waiting on that one before I ship from my PW..have 15 items in it incl. the Lambo Veneno that is coming close to 60 days..

#40 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

It should be noted that Hobby Easy is selling the Japanese Version of this kit, $38

Yeah, waiting on that one before I ship from my PW..have 15 items in it incl. the Lambo Veneno that is coming close to 60 days..

I have I think 22 items,and well over $100 in shipping cost's,  and two kits have like three days left, I hope the Lambo makes so it can hitch a ride over with the next out going shipment :lol: