#1 70mach1

70mach1

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Such

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:14 PM

Testor's kit (real piece of doo-doo). Body was full of ripples and sink holes. It was meant to be a motorized toy. Block sanded and primed, re-finished with Dupli Color touch up lacquer, clear coated with DuPont urethane clear. Interior re-finished in PPG lacquers, wheels painted in Floquil gold enamel.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

Cool!
Interesting, I think this is the first time I see one of these finished. From your description, I can see why.
But you kept going and did a great job!

Thanks,

#3 dub

dub

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

Very cool build of an obscure Lambo from the late 70's. Rocky had one of those in the second or third movie. I think the name Lamborghini used for the 1:1 car was Jalpa. :)
I would love to find one of those and swap a set of wheels and tires from a different kit. Everything else is too good to change! B)

#4 ismaelg

ismaelg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:29 AM

Very cool build of an obscure Lambo from the late 70's. Rocky had one of those in the second or third movie. I think the name Lamborghini used for the 1:1 car was Jalpa. :)
I would love to find one of those and swap a set of wheels and tires from a different kit. Everything else is too good to change! B)

Actually, the Jalpa was the Silhouette's replacement. It had a bigger engine, better interiors, different fender flares, wheels and engine lid. But the chassis and suspension are basically the same, and they both come from the Urraco.
Rocky's car was a Jalpa.
The Silhouette is very rare. Only about 50 Silhouettes were made in '76-'77. The Jalpa was made from '82-'88 and about 400 were made.

Thanks,

#5 dub

dub

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:52 AM

Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me. :) I knew the years didn't jive... My memory banks though fuzzy, were telling me that the Jalpa was from the 80's. That and I knew the flares didn't quite look right either. I was thinking that this Silhouette was maybe the concept car they based the Jalpa on. I was wrong but I wasn't too far off! Thanks for the info, Izzy! B)

#6 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:17 AM

Holy ######!! I remember building one of those when I was a kid, and haven't seen one since. Your's looks a whole lot better than the one I built back in the day!!

#7 Modelmartin

Modelmartin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts
  • Full Name:Martin, Andrew O.

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:19 AM

It's always fun to see semi-obscure kits built and built well. I have one of those in my Lambo kit pile( for some strange congenital reason I can't get into Ferraris that much but love all Lambos). Those wheels look like some Countach wheels. perhaps some Fujimi wheels would make a good upgrade. :o

#8 crispy

crispy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

Great Job! I tried to build one of these a few years ago. Unfortunately the red body was really overpowering. I wanted white. I should have bought some sealer. The body was botched a few times, but I did finally get it done.

Yours looks great and it looks great in red too. Those wheels really do it.
Great work.

Here is my finished white one(with a few others):
Posted Image

Chris

#9 geetee66

geetee66

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

Very unusual!
You did a 1st class job salvaging the body. It looks smooth now. Nice work!
I never thought of doing that sort of work to get something rare on my shelf......

Thanks for showing it to us