MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Adding a quart of oil

http://i.imgur.com/gpALGIH.gif     :lol:

Edited by Greg Myers, 05 August 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#2 JunkPile

JunkPile

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
  • Full Name:Chuck Saxton

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

I was always told that "any oil is better than no oil"  :blink:

#3 XJ6

XJ6

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Full Name:Don Veihle

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Well Darn...She is a Blond.....Bad Blond Joke Eh........

#4 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

I didn't say that. :rolleyes:

#5 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Haha!  That was pretty funny!

#6 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,035 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Thats going to be a mess...

#7 Badluck 13

Badluck 13

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Stiles

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

AAaaaaaHahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#8 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Now THAT is funny...... stupid......but funny.

#9 Deano

Deano

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

I think she knows exactly what she's doing and it's her ex's car. :)

#10 ToyLvr

ToyLvr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Adams

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

You know the old saying, "truth is stranger than fiction."

A member of my family who is a professionally-trained mechanic was changing the oil in his car, and added just a bit too much during the refill.

He climbed back under the car with a wrench and an empty oil bottle, intending to open the drain plug just a bit, and let a little of the excess oil drip into the bottle.

As Murphy's Law would dictate, the drain plug came loose all the way, fell into the little quart bottle, and 4 quarts of nice new fresh oil proceeded to flood his driveway before he could get back out from under and grab a pan.

;-)

#11 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

been there, done that, but I put my finger in the hole till I retrieved the drain plug.  :)

#12 IHSS

IHSS

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Pierson

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

A friend of mine, that know's nothing about cars, was checking his oil like you would a transmission. I think he put about a gallon and a half in it before it read full on the dipstick. There was a lot of smoke coming out the exhaust for about 2 month's after I drained and refilled it properly. and I had to do some explaining to him about auto maintenance, I told him never to lift a hood again.

#13 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Pretty funny stuff. A coworkers wife called and asked him how much oil should her car take. Short story is that she found out it takes a LOT of oil to fill a smallblock up to the oil fill cap. 

#14 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Many years ago I lived in a trendy-intown-urban-arty section of a large southeastern city. At the time, I owned a mechanical shop on the north-side of town, and living intown, commuting out-of-town allowed me to enjoy the best of both, but with no traffic delays either way. :)

One morning I came out of my apartment to find a very pretty neighbor attempting to check the oil in her Volvo, with the engine running. I said, very politely "excuse me, but I think I can help you there...". Before I finished the sentence she looked me up and down and broke in with "I certainly don't need any help from a MAN!!!". Okay honey. As I pulled away from the curb, I looked in my mirror to see oil spray all over the engine, and her, as she tried to pour it in and the fan blast caught it. ;)

I've also had folks bring me cars that they had filled with oil to the top of the filler hole. No lie. B)

#15 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,100 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Many years ago I lived in a trendy-intown-urban-arty section of a large southeastern city. At the time, I owned a mechanical shop on the north-side of town, and living intown, commuting out-of-town allowed me to enjoy the best of both, but with no traffic delays either way. :)

One morning I came out of my apartment to find a very pretty neighbor attempting to check the oil in her Volvo, with the engine running. I said, very politely "excuse me, but I think I can help you there...". Before I finished the sentence she looked me up and down and broke in with "I certainly don't need any help from a MAN!!!". Okay honey. As I pulled away from the curb, I looked in my mirror to see oil spray all over the engine, and her, as she tried to pour it in and the fan blast caught it. ;)

That story sounds a little too perfect. True story? 

#16 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

That story sounds a little too perfect. True story? 

Yes sir, it is, I promise. The year was about '84 or '85, I was driving a maroon '68 Galaxie fastback, I had never seen the girl before and our paths never crossed again.

#17 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

I've also had folks bring me cars that they had filled with oil to the top of the filler hole. No lie. B)

I have a similar story Bill, but mine was a transmission, customer brought me their car saying that it was leaking transmission fluid, yes it was, they had over filled the transmission to the point that the pressure of shifts was forcing the fluid out of the dipstick tube.

Nick

#18 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

I have a similar story Bill, but mine was a transmission, customer brought me their car saying that it was leaking transmission fluid, yes it was, they had over filled the transmission to the point that the pressure of shifts was forcing the fluid out of the dipstick tube.

Nick

Good one, nick.

I once had a guy bring me a Chevy van he was convinced had blown head gaskets or a cracked block or head, because it was blowing billows of white smoke out the exhaust, and acceleration seemed to be very sluggish. He was also certain it needed major transmission work too, as it was using copious amounts of ATF. Turned out the diaphragm in the vacuum kick-down module had ruptured, allowing ATF to be sucked into the intake manifold, getting burned and making the smoke. A $14 part cured all the problems.

#19 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

I learned a long time ago that there are four colors of smoke that can come out of a (gas fueled) car engine (or tailpipe) and most of them are due to something abnormal going on.

If anyone is interested in this info, I'm fairly certain that a few members here can explain.

#20 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Blue, white, black, and...?  :huh: